Are you passionate about developing with the latest and greatest technologies? Do you love solving hard technical problems? Would you like to help build Best in Class innovative solutions?
If so, we want to talk to you!
Bridgepoint Education’s most cutting edge technology products team is looking of the best and brightest technical talent.
Want to see more! Check out just one of our innovative products: http://bit.ly/MJxhcJ
Reporting to the Director of Director of Architecture the Senior Database Architect is a full-time position located in San Diego, CA.
Essential Job Duties:
• Design, develop, and approve database architecture for high volume, high performance SaaS application platform
• Provide guidance and enforce data governance to software architect and application development teams to deliver “Best in Class” database solutions that provide maximum value to the business.
• Work with the production IT team to review all hardware, OS, and system specs to provide appropriate recommendations to support the application needs
• Define strategies for backup and recovery, migration of database changes, and longer term system growth including strategies for disaster recovery and business continuity of mission critical database systems.
• Collaborate with architects, design analysts, developers and others to understand business or industry requirements.
• Assists production DBA team with capacity planning, monitors database consumption and trending, and performance
• Makes pro-active recommendations for continued issue-free operations in all database system environments
• Experienced in troubleshooting and resolving database problems
• Experience in Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO), using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools.
• Knowledge of indexes, index management, and statistics.
• Data Warehouse experience in dimensional and transactional modeling, materialized views, partitioning, SQL, and cube queries.
• Commitment to Mission: Aligns with the Core Values of Integrity, Ethics, and Service through behaviors that demonstrate a positive commitment to the customer and the organization.
• Communication: Aligns with the Core Values of Service through oral and written communication skills and internal/external relationships.
• Service: Encompasses the company’s core values of service; including service to the organization, customer community.
• Personal Planning: Aligns with personal accountability and responsibility.
• 10+ years of experience working with and mentoring engineering teams
• 7+ years of database experience, .NET application knowledge, and OOA/D skills.
• 5+ years of database architectural experience
• Extensive experience in planning, developing and implementing databases to support business needs and applications
• Strong collaboration skills—ability to provide technical leadership and resolve conflicts of opinion across diverse, cross-functional teams
• Strong organizational, leadership, decision making, mentorship and communication skills
• Strong writing and documentation skills
• Strong problem-solving skills across both process and technical domains
• Excellent conceptual, analytical and problem solving skills
• Ability to prioritize work load and consistently meet deadlines
• Experience in a high growth, fast paced environment
• Data Warehousing and Data Modeling knowledge
• In depth knowledge and experience with stored procedures and SQL queries and optimizing them to improve overall database performance.
• In depth knowledge of database security best practices.
• Experience with audit related controls and automating the processes surrounding acquiring appropriate support documentation
• In depth working knowledge of complex computing management systems including system administration, performance monitoring, problem management, change management, records management and disaster prevention and recovery.
• Expert Level knowledge of MS SQL
• Strong understanding of virtualization technologies and how to apply them appropriately to RDBMS systems.
• BS in computer science with MS preferred
For additional information visit www.bridgepointeducation.com.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee requires dexterity in using telephone, computer keyboard, mouse and calculator while seated at a desk. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk and sit. The employee may frequently move to interact with fellow employees and/or clients. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Communication Skills: While performing Duties of the job, the employee is required to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence and memos. The employee requires the ability to write effective and detailed correspondence and to effectively present information both in one-on-one and small group situations.
Mental Demands: While performing duties of this job, the employee is required to deal with stress associated with a fast-paced work environment and multiple priorities/tasks. The employee will be required to make judgment decisions and adapt to changing work situations, grasp and apply new ideas, communicate with various personalities at all levels and have the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed instructions.
Work Environment: While performing duties of this job, the employee is required to work in an office environment, and the noise level is usually moderate to loud .
This opportunity of employment will require a completed pre-employment
screening to be inclusive of, but not limited to: a criminal background
investigation, a credit check investigation, verification of education
credentials, verification of prior employment history and a professional
reference check; with review prior to an
offer of employment being extended.
Wait, there’s more… For more up-to-date news follow us on Twitter: @BPEdCareers
Bridgepoint Education - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard
Bridgepoint thrives on an ethos of invention. We are innovators and educators who make learning more accessible, valuable, and meaningful...