Agile Defense is growing and hiring !
Agile Defense provides Information Technology (IT) services to the U.S. Government, including several United States Civil agencies and various branches within the U.S. Department of Defense.
We have an opportunity for a Senior Database Developer at Rosslyn, VA (metro-Washington, DC area). This is a full time, W-2 employment opportunity.
The Senior Database Developer will work on a team of programmers focused on SQL database development in an Agile software development environment. The team is responsible for entire module development to include front-end and back-end SQL database.
1. Formally studied advanced programming and database concepts (college degree preferable)
2. Must be familiar with desktop application development concepts
3. Must be familiar with web services and other internet and networking concepts (experience with web development preferable)
4. Must be familiar with developing for Microsoft Office, particularly Excel (formulas, templates, scripts)
5. Must be comfortable taking responsibility for delivering complete solutions, troubleshooting and resolving software system problems independently
6. Must work effectively in a government team environment
7. Must be comfortable developing software controlled by source control tools
1. Experience as a Database Administrator with SQL Server 2005 or SQL Server 2008
2. Experience as a Systems Administrator with Windows Server 2008 supporting web-enabled applications
3. Experience developing for Microsoft Word, particularly producing RTF-formatted documents
1. 5+ years experience as a software developer/programmers (any language)
2. Minimum of 5 years recent experience with SQL Server 2005 or SQL Server 2008, authoring stored procedures and functions, designing table structures, and implementing ETL solutions between databases
3. Minimum of 2 years experience building applications that utlize a data warehouse for reporting purposes
4. Minimum of 2 years recent experience with C# in .Net 2.0 or .Net 3.5, on Windows Forms application and ASP .Net Web Services
5. Experience taking requirement directly from clients and providing user support
6. Must have expert knowledge of relational database design and data warehouse concepts
At Agile Defense, we know that our employees are our most important asset. We believe in our responsibility to our fellow employees, customers, company, and to our country. We promote teamwork, integrity, and creativity; we expect our fellow employees to also live these values.
Agile Defense, Inc. does not discriminate in practices or employment opportunities on the basis of an individual's race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, or any other proscribed category set forth in federal or state regulations.
Agile Defense, Inc. - 9 months ago