IMPROVE THE HEALTH OF YOUR CAREER at ZYNX HEALTH
Senior Database Engineer SQL & NoSQL
The Senior Database Engineer at Zynx will get to engineer and administer SQL and NoSQL databases of our products while working on a SaaS delivery team. They will get to practice advanced engineering techniques including: automated configuration management, continuous integration, continuous delivery, and test automation. The Senior Database Engineer will get to use cutting edge, best-of-breed technology. If you're interested in engineering automated solutions to the routine DBA activities and focusing on designing futuristic data solutions in both SQL and NoSQL domains, if you want to work in virtual and cloud environments, if you are passionate about creating reliable DB systems, then join our team of like-minded professionals and let's build Zynx DB solutions and deliver SaaS together!
As a cutting-edge technology firm, Zynx is transitioning from traditional database administration to polyglot persistence and automated database management to keep up with modern product development business needs. This requires automating the routine database administration activities so as to focus on open source, relational and non-relational data persistence methods that satisfy business demands.
- Own and manage all databases at Zynx – SQL and NoSQL
- Automate DB installation, environment-specific configuration, setup of monitoring, backup, production log-shipping, and database mirroring to DR site
- Use automated configuration management to deploy SQL server databases, service packs / patches, applications, ETL solutions, and hot fixes
- Implement access control to ensure data security and availability
- Design and develop self-service portal such that developers can have quick access to routine jobs like backup, restore, and test data setup
- Tune SQL procedures/functions/scripts to optimize performance and utilization
- Design and develop data model and flow
- Support developers in product development and troubleshooting
- Keep up to date with latest tools, technologies, and strategies and help introduce new ideas to the team
- Develop highly-available DB services and reduce/eliminate being available on call during off hours for production support and issue resolution
- Special projects as assigned
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years’ experience in database scripting
- 5+ years’ experience in administration of Microsoft SQL Server, including MS SQL 2008 R2 in clustered environment
- 3+ years’ experience in shell or PowerShell scripting (Windows and/or Linux)
- Expertise in SSIS, stored procedures, functions
- Experience with MySQL, XML DB, and XML technologies like XML, XQuery, XSLT, XSD
- Exposure to NoSQL databases like MongoDB, MarkLogic or others
- Expertise in performance tuning and data modeling
- Ability to automate routine DBA operations like installation, configuration, and monitoring
- Experience in using source control
- Experience in Agile projects
- Experience in Continuous Integration, especially for databases
- Experience with administering databases in virtual and cloud environments a plus
- Experience with administrating Marklogic database server a plus
Zynx Health, a subsidiary of Hearst Corporation, was first to market and remains the leader in evidence-based and experience-based clinical decision support solutions. We make a positive difference in the quality, safety, and efficiency of patient care by developing solutions that are used in nearly 2,000 hospitals, accounting for over 37% of all patients discharged in the U.S.
In the last few years, Zynx Health has earned two patents on its clinical content management technology. Zynx Health and some of its leadership have earned the following awards:
If you are driven to make a difference and want to work in a creative, flexible, and intellectual environment where work-life balance really does exist, consider Zynx Health. To learn more, visit www.zynxhealth.com .
- In 2013, Zynx Health Director of Technology, Jim Connolly awarded "CIO of the Year" by The Los Angeles Business Journal
- In 2012, Zynx Health Chief Technology Officer, Mark Long was awarded "CIO of the Year" by The Los Angeles Business Journal
- In 2012, Zynx Health was named one of Black Book Ranking's Top Knowledge-Based Clinical Decision Support Systems Vendors. In that same year, Zynx Health was also named a Category Leader in the Clinical Decision Support - Order Sets & Care Plans Market Segment by KLAS.
- In 2011 Zynx Health was named one of Modern Healthcare’s "Best Places to Work in Healthcare" and one of three "Most Interesting Vendors" by Healthcare Informatics
Zynx Health was founded by thought leaders in health services research and experts in the development of evidence-based clinical decision...