EcoFactor is a fast growing start-up that helps homeowners save energy. We collect thousands of data points from each home each day via a communicating thermostat. We use this data to calculate heating and cooling strategies that save the energy without compromising comfort, and then implement these strategies in real-time. Our optimizations reduce monthly bills, shed peak load, detect faults, and keep homeowners comfortable.
We're a smart and passionate team based in Redwood City, California. Come and help us move home energy management into the future.
We're looking for a driven database expert with significant expertise in MySQL. The person will be the owner of database layer, including data modeling/schema, DB scripts and query optimization for automated energy efficiency. The successful candidate will contribute at all levels, defining product, implementing production code, coordinating other contributors, and monitoring daily operation. Deep intuition for good code, scalability, fault tolerance, and concise communication are essential.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Design and implement high availability distributed systems with heavy use of relational databases.
- Work directly with Product Management teams to refine requirements, with QA on validation and with Operations to deploy and debug applications in production environment
- 7+ years of relevant experience building large-scale SaaS applications
- Experience in driving overall database design and development for large-scale and distributed web service based on Java stack, across multiple development teams.
- Expert level experience in relational data modeling and query languages, with a strong expertise in MySQL.
- Expertise in database performance tuning and optimization.
- Must have been a core member of a highly successful product development team with major architectural and programming contributions
- Comfortable troubleshooting issues and supporting production deployments in MySQL
- Knowledge of Non-SQL data stores (e.g HIVE or HDFS)
- Experience in Agile/Scrum, and Test Driven Development
- Ability to work in a deadline oriented, and fast paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team of developers
- Excellent problem-solving and debugging skills
- Excellent sense of development/QA/release process
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Willingness to learn and to teach
- BS/MS in Computer Science or related major or equivalent experience
- Competitive compensation
- Local (SF Bay) candidate or willing to relocate