Reporting to the Manager Marketing Analytics, the Marketing Analyst II will lead Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and Search Engine Marketing (SEM) reporting and analysis efforts for QVC, while also conducting deep dive analysis into customer data in our Data Warehouse. The expectation is to provide insights into the SEO & SEM businesses leading to increased revenue & new customer acquisition.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
% of Time
25% • Effectively respond to ad-hoc report and analysis requests from the SEO/SEM team.
50% • Proactively develop reports and analysis of SEO/SEM marketing performance including campaign-level & keyword level analysis. Include observations and business context to deliver actionable insights to business leads, not just data.
10% • Create custom queries using SQL, SAS, and analytics tools to pull data from our Customer Data Warehouse to develop advanced analytics reporting and answer deeper business questions.
10% • Establish a relationship with the SEO/SEM Marketing team as trusted resource and provider of key marketing data and analytics.
5% • Review current relevant information concerning SEO/SEM marketing in the retail sector as a framework for application to analyses.
Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Finance, Economics, Mathematics or related areas of study.
• 5+ years of experience in data analytics. 2 years experience in Search Engine Optimization / Search Engine Marketing, preferred.
• Experience working in marketing analytics or database marketing
• Working in Retail industry or with multi-channel data strongly desired
• Knowledge of web analytics tools such as Coremetrics, Omniture, WebTrends, Google Analytics, or similar
• Experience with Business Intelligence platforms such as MicroStrategy, Cognos or SAP Business Objects. (MicroStrategy strongly preferred.)
• Proficient with SQL to write queries against enterprise databases and established analytics views of data from base tables.
• Excellent attention to detail and strong organizational skills to manage multiple work requests and projects. Ability to independently prioritize workload.
• Strong analytical skills and judgment needed to clarify and breakdown problems.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Able to effectively present reporting data to business users at the Manager / Director / VP level.
QVC, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Liberty Interactive Corporation attributed to the Liberty Interactive Group (Nasdaq: LINTA), is one of the largest multimedia retailers in the world. QVC is committed to providing its customers with thousands of the most innovative and contemporary beauty, fashion, jewelry and home products. Its programming is distributed to approximately 200 million homes worldwide. The company’s website, QVC.com, is ranked among the top general merchant Internet sites. With operations in the United Kingdom, Germany, Japan, Italy, and a joint venture in China, West Chester, Pa.-based QVC has shipped more than a billion packages in its 25+ year history. QVC, Q, and the Q Ribbon Logo are registered service marks of ER Marks, Inc.
QVC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or handicap, marital or veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any other category protected under applicable federal, state or local law.
QVC, Inc. - 11 months ago
The phones are ringing off the hook at television home shopping company QVC. QVC (its name stands for "quality, value, and...