The Role: Bloomberg Global Facilities Department is seeking a Senior MEP Project Engineer that will have full time responsibility for a data center project. The engineer will manage all engineering, design, specification and commissioning needs. This individual will support the Data Center Project Manager during all phases and be a resource to the Global Real Estate and IT departments whilst supporting the data center PM. The MEP Engineer will be the lead technical person on the project, reporting directly to the Critical Infrastructure Manager.
This is a hands-on role for a highly technical and experienced engineer. We seek an individual with a solid background in datacenter systems operation. The candidate for this role shall possess a comprehensive knowledge of large scale facilities, including state-of-the-art electrical distribution systems, static UPS, emergency standby systems, 48V DC power systems, solar systems, fire alarm / suppression and security infrastructures. In addition, the candidate shall have a thorough understanding of building controls and monitoring systems.
Experience with collocation facilities would be an advantage.
Qualifications: - Bachelor's degree in a related discipline
- Minimum 5 years hands on critical datacenter facilities management
- Strong project management experience
- Experience with the operation and maintenance of UPS, generators, HVAC chillers, fire detection & suppression systems, and BMS systems in mission critical environments.
- Ability to read and modify ACAD plans
- Excellent written communication and technical writing skills
- Willingness to provide out of hours coverage and support as typical with position of this nature
- Willingness to travel for factory witness testing
- Sustainability/LEED experience
- Familiarity with AutoCad
- Familiarity with documentation techniques, change management
Bloomberg - 16 months ago
Bloomberg, the global business and financial information and news leader, gives influential decision makers a critical edge by connecting...