Share our pride. Join our mission.
As a Fortune 200 financial services company with more than $113.5 billion in owned and managed assets, USAA is on a mission - to facilitate the financial security of our members, the men and women of the U.S. military and their families worldwide. Headquartered on a showcase campus in San Antonio, TX, USAA attributes its long-standing success to its most valuable resource, our 23,000 employees. They are the heart and soul of our member-service culture.
Recently Ranked 100 Best Companies to Work For by Fortune in 2012 , we are proud to receive consistently outstanding awards and ratings for member service, employee well-being and financial strength. Everything that happens at USAA is based on our core values: Service, Loyalty, Honesty, and Integrity . These are the foundations of how we do business with our members, as well as how we treat each other.
We are currently seeking talented Senior Decision Science Analyst for our San Antonio, TX facility.
PURPOSE OF JOB
Applies a logical, systematic approach to problem solving using mathematical and statistical techniques and/or innovative /quantitative analytical approaches to draw conclusions and make 'insight to action' recommendations to resolve business problems and drive change. The essence of work performed by the Decision Science Analyst involves gathering, manipulating and synthesizing data (e.g., attributes, transactions, behaviors, etc.), models and other relevant information to draw conclusions and make recommendations resulting in implementable strategies. The analysts performing decision science work may or may not perform all of the tasks described above, but will generally perform most of the tasks as part of their work. As a result of the focus on data gathering, synthesis and analysis, the work efforts will be central to fact-based decision-making.
This position will have responsibility for leading all analytics efforts related to the Military Transitions experiences. These efforts include working in a consulting capacity with customers to determine success measures, standing up measurement frameworks, working with data and IT projects to ensure measurability, creating dashboards for measuring performance, communicating back to customers and senior leadership and making recommendations for improvements. Also directs the work of analyst contractors for supplemental analysis. The ability to demonstrate measurable outcomes is a must. Strong partnership with Finance. Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Leverages advanced business/analytical knowledge to lead discussions with cross-functional teams to understand highly complex business objectives and influence solution strategies. The business problems analyzed are typically medium to large scale with significant impact to current and/or future business strategy. Organizes and oversees the development of requirements/resources necessary to meet objectives.
- Collaborates with stakeholders to gather, consolidate and validate business assumptions relevant to the solution strategy, prior to initiating and throughout the analytical process.
- Identifies and gathers the relevant and quality data sources required to fully answer and address the problem for the recommended strategy. Integrates/transforms disparate data sources and determines the appropriate data hygiene techniques to apply.
- Determines and conducts appropriate exploratory data analysis (EDA) techniques on candidate data sets. Uses appropriate sampling techniques to select data subset for EDA.
- Thoroughly documents assumptions, methodology, validation and testing to facilitate peer reviews. Subsequent analysts should be able to rely on documentation to replicate and continue work.
- Continuously leverages advanced business/analytical knowledge to test initial solutions with relevant cross-functional teams in order to gain additional insight into intended and unintended implications; the larger the potential business impact the broader the audience.
- Applies innovative and scientific/quantitative analytical approaches to draw conclusions and make 'insight to action' recommendations to answer the business objective and drive the appropriate change. Translates recommendation into communication materials to effectively present to upper level management. Incorporates visualization techniques to support the relevant points of the analysis and ease the understanding for less technical audiences.
- Succinctly delivers complex analysis/findings in a manner that conveys understanding, influences senior executives, garners support for recommendations and drives business decisions. Recommendations typically have a major impact on business results. Provides subject matter expertise in operationalizing recommendations.
- Bachelor's Degree in a quantitative discipline (or relevant business degree) or 6 years equivalent quantitative/analyst work experience.
- 6+ years experience in a decision support analytic or relevant analyst function.
- 3+ years Quantitative analysis experience.
- Experience applying statistical/mathematical decisioning and/or testing methodologies.
- Experience influencing business decisions.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
- Master's or PhD in Statistics, Computer Science, Operations Research, Engineering or related quantitative discipline.
- 8+ years experience in a decision support analytic function.
- 5+ years quantitative analysis experience.
- Experience with statistical process control, six sigma, design of experiment, AB testing, data mining, association and correlation.
- Experience working with large "Big Data" datasets.
- Experience working with data and IT projects to ensure measurability.
- Experience creating dashboards for measuring performance.
- Ability to demonstrate measurable outcomes.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including business casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
USAA also offers a variety of on-site services and conveniences to help you manage your work and personal life, including seven cafeterias, two company stores and three fitness centers.
Relocation assistance is available for this position.
Qualified applicants must successfully complete a pre-employment background and drug screen.
USAA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
USAA - 14 months ago
FOR OUR VETERANS:
Did you know USAA has numerous career opportunities that don’t require corporate experience? If you’re...