Senior Deployment Engineer (Job Number: 319843)
The Intelligence Systems Business Unit of SAIC has an opening for a Sr. Deployment Engineer in Springfield, Virginia.
The Senior Deployment Engineer will support the GEOINT content management and storage program for the National System for Geospatial Intelligence (NSG), the Intelligence Community (IC), and Federal and Civil agencies. The program provides NSG users enhanced capabilities to perform archival, discovery, retrieval and dissemination of geospatial intelligence (GEOINT) data, imagery data, and imagery derived products.
Validate interface configurations.
- Software installations on different types of platforms ranging from ruggedized laptops to enterprise servers running the Microsoft Windows ® 64-Bit operating system.
- Coordinate and execute pre-deployment activities with remote sites to ensure successful software installation and data migration.
- Provide data migration execution and planning; validation of on-site SW installation of a COTS-based SW solution; and on-site support for defect identification and resolution.
- Coordinate deployment activities.
- Develop (configure & document) site installation and checkout procedures/scripts.
- Rehearse site install and checkout procedures.
- Complete site installations.
- Conduct product and site acceptance testing.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant technical discipline with 8+ years of related experience.
- Currently possess an active TS/SCI clearance.
- Experience with DOD/IC customers.
- Experience with the installation and deployment of COTS integration solutions in locations with varying sized IT environments
- Willing to deploy to customer sites (CONUS and OCONUS) for on-site SW installations.
- Willing to Travel approximately 25% of the time.
- Strong interpersonal skills, and able to communicate effectively.
- Familiarity with NGA – IPL, IGIS and eGPL systems (or similar).
- Knowledge of NGA data/product workflows and standards.
- Willingness to operate in a fast paced, highly dynamic environment.
SAIC is a FORTUNE 500® scientific, engineering, and technology applications company that uses its deep domain knowledge to solve problems of vital importance to the nation and the world, in national security, energy & environment, health and cybersecurity. The company's approximately 41,000 employees serve customers in the U.S. Department of Defense, the intelligence community, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, other U.S. Government civil agencies and selected commercial markets. Headquartered in McLean, Va., SAIC had annual revenues of approximately $10.6 billion for its fiscal year ended January 31, 2012. For more information, visit www.saic.com. SAIC: From Science to Solutions®
Job Posting: Dec 28, 2012, 8:04:41 AM
Primary Location: United States-VA-SPRINGFIELD
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret/SCI
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
SAIC - 11 months ago
SAIC, Inc. is a provider of scientific, engineering, systems integration and technical services and solutions to all branches of the United...