Overall Purpose of Job:
Under General Supervision, having oversight of a specific area with final results examined for effectiveness, by Management of Fluor or its subsidiaries (indicated as “the Company”), the purpose of this position is to provide the essential administrative and technical knowledge and direction for the job functions listed below with the objective of ensuring Fluor's competitiveness within the global marketplace by delivering quality services of unmatched value.
Primary Job Duties/Functions:
1. Serves as Lead on assigned projects or engineering assignments of difficult complexity and develops the most cost-effective total project solution for execution of the discipline engineering work. Lead duties include but are not limited to: develops and updates job plans, supports proposal and estimate activities, develops and reviews specifications including design criteria, develops and monitors schedules, develops and monitors manpower estimate forecasts, assigns work to teams, monitors material estimates and quantities, interfaces with project disciplines/client representatives/construction, participates in equipment and material procurement activities, permitting activities and subcontracting activities
2. Performs and checks calculations, specifies equipment, and solves problems of difficult engineering complexity
3. Reviews specifications, drawings, and vendor equipment documentation from both within the discipline as well as from other disciplines for compliance with project requirements and actively seeks resolution
4. Serves as Supervising Lead providing guidance/supervision to other leads and functions as mentor to less experienced engineers
5. Monitors work done by Fluor offices or other designated entities performing Distributed Execution Engineering
6. Directs and oversee audits
7. Ensures adherence to Industry codes and standards as well as department practices and procedures
8. Actively participates in and promotes the use of Fluor’s Knowledge Community and other available resources
9. Participates in people development through mentoring, development of training material, and conducting of training seminars
10. Develops and builds client relations
11. Provides close interface with, and promotes the understanding of, other discipline functions
12. Other related duties/functions as assigned
1. Generally favorable indoor office workspace.
Fluor Corp. - 19 months ago
From the ground up, Fluor Corporation is one of the world's largest international design, engineering, and contracting firms. It...