Position Summary: Works integrally with all needed resources in the United States as well as in Germany in all design related activities for application engineering and plant related tasks.
- Support design related efforts in the area of automatic transmissions
- Work with OEM and suppliers in the definition of specifications
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Work with internal departments and OEM on design issues for production and OEM applications
- Execute all design activities including concept work, calculation and design of components for automatic transmissions with ProE
- Follow the design procedures and specifications established by division R&D
- Support the release and maintaining of drawings and bills of material (BOMs)
- Define modifications to parts. Support change process in Axalant
- Design OEM unique parts for existing base transmissions
- Define specifications with OEM and suppliers
- Support System and Design FMEA with engineering quality department. Supporting planning and production. Release of deviations from technical side
- Support of purchasing department in supplier selection, and technical support to defined suppliers
- Support of quality department and quality improvement processes
- Work with ZF engineering teams (project management, test, control and planning departments) and departments within Central R&D.
- Participate when applicable in multidisciplinary project teams.
- Support APQP process at suppliers and at customer
- Support industrialization process
- Support the completion of all 8-d’s/ Lead 8-d team for design-development issues
- Travel up to 10%. Initial travel may exceed this amount due to training requirements ·
- Other Duties as related to this position
Preferred Skills and experience: ·
- Must possess the ability to lead a small team of design engineers
- Excellent communication skills verbal and written
- Experience in design of automatic transmissions or similar areas
- Must possess a strong work ethic and high integrity
- Proficient computer skills with Microsoft office package.
- Knowledge of calculation methods (FE- analysis, tolerance calculations, analytical calculations)
- Ability to work independently and with decisiveness
- Must be able to work in a team setting and participate actively
- Must be available to travel and stay at various main locations
- Must possess a Bachelors of Science in Mechanical Engineering (minimum) from an ABET accredited institution, a technical undergraduate degree with a Mechanical engineering or Automotive engineering graduate degree is also acceptable (from ABET-EAC accredited institution)
- 5 years transmission design experience (minimum)
Are you interested?
- Design engineering experience in the field of automatic transmissions ·
- Design engineering experience within the automotive industry. ·
- German language skills are welcome. ·
- Pro-Engineer or other 3-d Cad
Please, send us your complete and comprehensive application documents and a CV (in tabular form), qualification and work certificates, state the reference code - or apply online!