The Senior Design Technician position primarily engages in professional design work, exercising independent judgement and specialized skill in the preparation of engineering designs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops and expands expertise and skill in approved computer aided drafting and design (CADD) applications.
- Applies CADD expertise and skill in the development of bridge construction plans.
- Develops general civil site design and grading plans.
- Develops transportation civil plans such as roadway, rail or pathway design.
- Designs/develops piping systems, layouts, and details for water, sewer, and water reclamation projects.
- Produces contract quantities for associated work.
- Monitors production schedules and budgets.
- Maintains project electronic files and archives.
- Provides training in CAD techniques and expedients.
- Prepares visual simulations and architectural renderings.
- Other related tasks as required
Must have expertise with MicroStation and Autocad in an engineering environment, with a minimum of 10 years of hands-on experience in the production of CADD production for infrastructure projects, such as bridge structural plans, civil grading plans, and water/wastewater facilities. Familiarity with Caltrans and California local agency CADD standards is a plus. Must know project set-up, element attribute settings, use of cell libraries, QA/QC procedures, and general CADD functions. In addition, knowledge of MS Excel & Word, as well as computer skills such as networking, hardware/software installations, configurations, and troubleshooting are desired.
T.Y. Lin International - 10 months ago
T.Y. Lin International Group is a global, multi-disciplinary engineering services firm recognized for solving some of the most significant...