Monolith Productions. seeks a Senior Mission Designer to be responsible for significant contributions to game design, with particular focus on the design, implementation, and scripting of Missions and Gameplay experiences. You will work with the Lead Level Designer to create compelling paper designs that fit within the required narrative structure. You will then implement these designs through the use of proprietary and 3rd party tools. The Senior Level Designer is responsible for collaborating with the rest of the design team, artists, and engineers to ensure their levels are fun, interesting, and performant. The Senior Level Designer also works with the QA and Playtest groups throughout development to address critical feedback and make sure their levels play and perform as intended.
- Work with World Design teams to concept and implement compelling Missions and Gameplay experiences using proprietary WB tools and industry standard software.
- Help create and maintain living design documentation that keeps pace with the project's progress and accurately conveys all necessary information to Design, Art, and Programming.
- Mentor junior designers through regular playtests of their work.
- Work closely with QA and Consumer playtest groups to identify and resolve level design / gameplay issues.
- Deconstruct competitive product and summarize to design group.
- Associate degree or equivalent job experience preferred.
- 5+ years of game design experience required.
- Shipped at least 2 console/PC titles as a designer or equivalent, with at least one of those being in the 3rd person action 3rd person action/adventure genre preferred.
- Familiarity with a variety of editors and scripting languages required.
- Comprehensive knowledge of game design principles, the computer gaming industry and its products.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work collaboratively with programmers, artists, and other designers.
- Professional experience working with level design on a large-scale project.
- Effectively work under the pressure of competing demands and short time lines.
- Willing to commit to the team in terms of time & effort given.