AvroKO is an award-winning design firm in downtown Manhattan, seeking a senior designer. We have work ranging from hospitality design (restaurants, bars, hotels) to retail and residential design, as well as graphics and original furniture and lighting products.
The Senior Designer acts as AvroKO’s lead designer responsible for the whole design of a project through overseeing the definition and delivery of the design from conceptualization, through development, coordination, documentation and execution in the field.
The Senior Designers core responsibilities are :
• Leading the AvroKO team in conceiving of the project design to meet the clients program, quality objectives, project constraints as well as AvroKO’s brand of design.
• Liaison between the Principal in Charge and the design team during the design process.
• Organize and run regular in house design sessions presenting to the P.I.C and with the team.
• Responsible for the development of the whole design of the project according to the design intent.
• Reviewing all documents to ensure they incorporate the design intent.
• Represent AvroKO and the design for all consultant coordination meetings.
• Manage design coordination within AvroKO i.e. between architecture, FF&E and graphics, and between owners, consultants and AvroKO.
• Manage and coordinate all communications to and from consultants.
• Supervise, develop and mentor Designers.
• Coordinate with the Project Manager in providing services per scope, budget and schedule.
• Responsible for creating and delivering presentations based on AvroKO’s deliverables standards for presentations and contract documents.
• Oversee the production and delivery of quality and timely sets of contract documents being drawings specifications, budgets and reports as proscribed by the contract.
• Partners with Project Manager to ensure conformance with Architecture Standards’ checklist requirements specific to each project design phase.
• Lead the AvroKO team in performing it’s construction administration services including Responding to RFI’s and interpreting the contract documents to ensure the design intent is met.
• Reviewing submittals, substitutions and field conditions for conformance with design intent.
• Attending and reporting on field visits.
• Conducting punch lists reviews
• Resolving problems and issues that arise during construction.
• BA/BS required. A minimum of four (4) years experience at an architecture or interior design firm, with related hospitality field.
• Strong presentation and rendering skills especially by hand.
• Fluency in all Microsoft Office applications, Adobe Creative Suite, AutoCAD, Sketchup, VRay, and 3DMax.
• Must be able to work in a collaborative, proactive and fast paced environment.
• An important aspect of this position is having a discerning eye for design. Interest in and knowledge of hospitality design is preferred.
• A range of conceptual and technical design skill sets yet with a strong tendency towards design and conceptualization.
• Available to start January 3, 2013