IA Interior Architects , the only global architecture firm concentrating exclusively on interior architecture, is hiring a full-time Senior Designer in the Seattle, WA office. As Senior Designer , you will be the design lead primarily in project administration, design development and contract documents. Specific responsibilities will include:
- Modify drawings to incorporate design and technical changes.
- Prepare design and contract documents.
- Review mechanical, engineering and plumbing drawings.
- Develop space plans.
- Select finishes.
- Detail interior design projects.
- Produce furniture and finishes cost estimates.
- Conduct client interviews to determine space needs and requirements.
- Review engineering drawings to ensure compliance with design solution.
- Assist with site verifications and/or field surveys.
- Develop design and furniture packages.
- Manage projects within established design budgets.
- Mentor more junior staff members and reviews their work.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
- Graduate of an accredited architecture or design school.
- 7+ years on commercial interior design projects.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Extensive knowledge of the commercial interior architecture and/or design industry.
- Expert interior architectural detailing skills.
- Extensive knowledge of working drawings and procedures.
- Extensive knowledge of building systems, codes and ADA requirements.
- Extensive knowledge of contract administration.
- Extensive knowledge of furnishings and equipment.
- Extensive knowledge of the range of design principles and aesthetics.
- Expert sketching and rendering skills.
- Intermediate MS Office application skills.
- Intermediate AutoCAD/ADT skills.
- Basic Adobe Illustrator, QUARK, PhotoShop and 3D software skills.
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills.
- Advanced presentation and graphic communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and lead staff through a combination of direct authority and subject-matter expertise.
- Working knowledge of budget preparation and proven ability to manage projects within budgetary constraints.
IA is an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action Employer and is dedicated to providing employment and promotional opportunities based on individual merit. Qualified minorities, females, disabled individuals and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
If you are unable to submit your resume online or are limited in your ability to do so as a result of a disability, please contact Human Resources at 415.434.3305 to request a reasonable accommodation.