Senior Desktop Support Technician
The successful candidate will have strong end-user interaction/communication skills, the ability to recognize potential problems and take appropriate preventative action, the ability to support a wide variety of users through phone and email communication as well as personal interaction, and be willing to travel occasionally to other domestic office locations. The candidate must be able to work independently as well as under direction or as part of a group/team. Reports directly to the helpdesk manager.
General Duties and Responsibilities:
- Respond to email requests for technical assistance through established helpdesk ticketing system
- Remote desktop support for regional offices and home office employees
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues with workstation hardware and software.
- Maintain hardware and software inventory
- Setup and deploy IT equipment for new employees
- Work with fellow members of the IT department to accomplish assigned projects
- As required, train users in various software and operating system activities
- Assist with Data backup systems (Symantec BackupExec) as well as restoring user data as needed
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Receives general direction on key objectives and guidance on complex unconventional problems
- Strong knowledge of Windows 7 operating systems
- Basic knowledge of Windows networks, firewalls, and Remote Access
- Strong knowledge of MS Office 2010 & MS Outlook/Exchange
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills and capacity to creatively solve problems are essential
- Good organizational and communication skills and ability to complete tasks with limited supervision
Qualifications and Experience:
- Experience with supporting AutoCAD, Microstation and other civil engineering applications a plus
- Setup and configure Active Directory User accounts and Exchange mail accounts
- Assist in troubleshooting and supporting Cisco VoIP phone systems
To apply, please visit http://careers.louisberger.com/resume/curr_job_list.php, and apply by selecting the job(s) you are interested in, then clicking the link and following instructions.
- Normally requires a 2-year degree in Information Technology or related field and 3-5 years of experience (or equivalent working knowledge/experience)
- Must be familiar with commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures
Applicants must state in their applications whether they have current eligibility to work in the U.S. Applications without this information will not be considered.
Preference will be given to candidates living in the proximity of the work location.
The Louis Berger Group, Inc - 10 months ago
The Louis Berger Group provides civil, structural, mechanical, electrical, and environmental engineering services for commercial and...