Senior Destination Writer
Job ID #: 23316
Company : Expedia Local Expert
Location : USA - HI - Honolulu
Functional Area : Other Employment Category
Employment Type : Full-Time Regular
Education Required : Not Indicated
Experience Required : 5-7 Years
Relocation Provided : No
Use your LinkedIn Profile to help you apply faster!
inApply with LinkedInGet hired faster
When traveling, often the most memorable parts of the entire experience are the activities… the helicopter tour of an active volcano, the ride-along with a NASCAR driver on a world-class race track or the day spent at an adventure park with your entire family. We facilitate memorable experiences just like these (and many, many more) for our customers by providing them with ideas and offers that are tailored to their travel desires.
At Expedia Local Expert, we aspire to craft an inspiring online discovery of relevant experiences in neighborhoods around the world. We are a start-up within Expedia, Inc. with a tremendous opportunity and a great responsibility to provide activities to our customers both locally where they live and on destination where they plan to travel. Our team is energetic and driven with a diverse mix of experiences and ideas. We not only value but also require each member of our team to participate in our business strategy.
Successful players in our group know how to wear multiple hats, are passionate about building an amazing culture that is 2nd to none, work hard with laser focus on our customer’s experience and know how to have fun while doing it. Do you have the ability to write compelling content while keeping in mind the customer? Do you have a strong work ethic, a drive to always do what is right by your customers and want to work with equally amazing people on your team? Do you want to be known for helping create the content for the next largest and most trusted brand for discovering and booking destination activities and adventures around the world? If this type of challenge and culture speaks to you, then we would love to talk to you!
- Owning voice and local expertise of the destination market area
- Is point of contact and subject matter expert for content within that Market Work with business teams (API, Supply and Branded) to develop unique content, targeted at capturing new visitor interest, improving SEO, and driving conversion
- Understands and practices content merchandising and marketing writing and approach
- Understand and promote usability best practices as they relate to online writing including, accessibility and search engine
- Write, load and update merchandising descriptions for new products in a timely manner and to editorial guidelines.
- Proactively lead content projects and other creative initiatives , (e.g. redesign of templates, style guide, or process improvements)
- Hire and manage local contingent resources as necessary to help support writing
- Is accountable for content quality KPIs and the impact on conversion
- Significant education in a related field of study a plus.
- 5 years of professional writing experience, preferably a combination of in-house marketing and agency/advertising work.
- Experience writing for a travel magazine or website a plus
About Expedia, Inc.
Our mission is to revolutionize travel through the power of technology.
Collectively, the Expedia, Inc. brands cover virtually every aspect of researching, planning, and booking travel, from choosing the best airplane seat, to reading personal travel reviews of hotels, to planning what to do in a destination once you arrive. The Expedia, Inc. portfolio serves both leisure and business travelers with tastes and budgets ranging from modest to luxury. Expedia delivers consumer travel demand from nearly every continent to nearly 149,000 hotels and hundreds of airlines, tour operators, car rental companies and destination services supply partners. Please visit http://bit.ly/expediabrands to learn more about our travel brands.
This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.
As citizens of Expedia we don’t have a national anthem or a native dish (okay, maybe beer and late-night sliders), but we do have a...