Continuuity has been recognized as one of the hottest top 5 Big Data Startups in the world [GigaOM]. Do you want an opportunity to build some of the baddest new Big Data platforms? Are you passionateabout building and designing scalable, distributed, high performance software systems? Do you havean understanding of the wider perspective and do you enjoy designing and building platforms that canhave a huge impact in the BigData space?
- Develop operational solutions for Continuuity products and services by defining the current problem space, studying varying approaches, and estimating levels of effort; calculating economics; determining impact on total system.
- Anticipate and model operational problems by studying operating targets, modes of operation, monitoring unit performance and the like.
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Engineering or a related field
- 10+ years of devops experience
- Proficiency in UNIX/Linux tools and utilities
- Admire the brilliance of configuration management (currently using Chef)
- Have a strange love for monitoring and capacity planning tools (e.g. Nagios, statsd, ganglia, graphite, logstash)
- Have systems programming and scripting capability in a dynamic language (e.g. Ruby, Python, and of course BASH)
- Understand networks, security, load balancers, DNS and other infrastructure components thoroughly
- Participate in 24/7/365 on-call response team
- Love getting things done
- Capable of multi-tasking and prioritizing efficiently
- Love working in a DevOps environment
- Excellent collaborator
- Strong communication skills
We're a small, well-funded team in a bright and fun office in Palo Alto. Help us find and deliver simplicity to our users, built upon the power and complexity of Hadoop.
Continuuity delivers the industrys first Big Data application fabric, fueling the next generation of Big Data applications by making it fast and easy for any developer to build, deploy, scale and manage Big Data apps. Built by developers for developers, Continuuity offers a unified experience across the entire application lifecycle from development to DevOps. Continuuity provides pre-packaged building blocks with higher level APIs, Datasets, tooling and documentation that make creating Big Data applications blazing fast. The cloud-based Continuuity AppFabric, the first scale-out application server for Hadoop and HBase, is built on top of Hadoop open source components and shields developers from the complexity of Big Data and cloud infrastructure. With visually rich UIs, elastic scalability at the touch of a button and push-button app deployment from the developers local machine to the cloud, Continuuity shifts the focus from infrastructure creation to business value creation. Built by a team that has worked on and run some of the biggest, most sophisticated Big Data systems in the world, Continuuity is the future of Big Data application development. www.continuuity.com