The Senior Devops Engineer is primarily responsible to build and
maintain flexible virtualized build, test, and production environments
that host the Crittercism customer portal, platform, and consists of a
large variety of distributed, open source applications and data
stores. This role role is critical to be able to efficiently release
quality, performing and highly scalable software, and maintain 24/7
uptime of the Crittercism service.
The Crittercism service currently handles over 30k requests/second
and supports over 30,000 mobile apps across 600 million devices, and
is growing quickly.
- Ensure 24x7 reliability of the Crittercism product and
- Create, configure and manage virtualized build and
test infrastructure used for development, test, and production
- Lead key automation functions, including
back-up, continuous integration, and deployments.
- Coordinate releases of software from development through staging
- Prototype, develop and maintain development
tools and systems
- Contribute to internal automation
systems, tools, and utilities
- Apply in-depth systems
knowledge and analysis to troubleshoot ongoing and newly arising
- Design and implement solutions to complex systems
- Work with R&D teams to devise
best-in-class infrastructure designs
- Apply industry
standard best practices for security, repeatability, and
- Help implement new--and improve
existing--monitoring and trending solutions to assist in the team’s
ability to identify and respond to issues on both a micro and a
- Share in 24x7 on-call responsibilities,
maintaining the availability and performance of Crittercism
services, as well as the various internal systems and services that
enable core functionality
- 5+ years experience working as a devops engineer in a SaaS
- Experience with Amazon Web Services
- Experience with distributed Linux systems administration and
- Proficiency in shell scripting, and one
of Python, Ruby, or Perl.
- Solid understanding of networking
concepts and troubleshooting
- Experience with configuration
management software such as Chef, Puppet, Salt, or Ansible.
- Experience working with distributed database systems, both
traditional RDBMS such as PostgreSQL as well as more modern “NoSQL”
systems like MongoDB or Riak.
- Proven ability working with
with highly reliable and highly available mission critical
- Strong verbal and written skills, ability to
communicate effectively with all levels throughout the
Crittercism, based in San Francisco, California, is the company
behind the world’s first mobile application performance management
(mAPM) solution. The company’s flagship product, Fathom Mobile
Command, monitors every aspect of mobile app performance, allowing
Developers, IT Operations and Product Managers to deliver high
performing, highly reliable, highly resourceful mobile apps.
Crittercism provides a real-time global view of app diagnostics across
iOS, Android, Windows Phone 8, Hybrid and HTML5 apps and is used on
more than 500 million unique devices and in more than 50 billion app
sessions. The company’s investors include Google Ventures, Opus
Capital and Shasta Ventures. Learn more @crittercism and www.crittercism.com .
Crittercism, Inc. - 13 months ago