Healing the healthcare system starts with you. It starts with the chain of events you initiate when you work with McKesson Health Solutions - a chain that extends across the country and results in millions of people getting more from their healthcare.
Healthcare payors and providers consistently turn to McKesson Health Solutions for innovative products and services. Every day, hundreds of organizations from government agencies to hospitals count on us. We partner with the top 25 payor organizations, more than 90 percent of Blue Cross Blue Shield organizations, over 3,000 hospitals and many others. In fact, our solutions touch more than 160 million lives. Our unrivaled clinical integrity, broad product and service offerings and largest client base in the industry mean we're able to collaborate on the most pressing, complex business issues in healthcare. At McKesson Health Solutions, we're working to improve the healthcare system one partner at a time.
As a Senior Software Developer you will be the development lead on software programming projects. You will report directly to a Solutions Architect who is responsible for overall project governance, solution design, and end-user satisfaction. You will be a critical part of the Portico software development team, performing complex software application system analysis, design, programming, complex bug verification and fixing, testing, and support for various products that are part of the Network Performance Management platform.
- Lead programming effort for numerous software development projects (product features, client implementations, and platform innovations)
- Analyze, design, plan, and program complex software solutions
- Consistently create high quality software that meets design and requirements specifications on stated timelines
- Performs complex bug verification, testing, and program support for various products
- Provide technical assistance, mentorship and guidance to junior software developers
6+ years experience in software engineering
- Strong application design skills (UML) and understanding of enterprise software design patterns
- Thorough understanding of object-oriented software principles
- Experience with markup languages (XML, HTML, CSS)
- Experience with Java technologies (JSP, Servlets, Applets, EJB, Swing, JDBC)
- Experience with Java XML technologies (JAXB, for example)
- Experience building Web Services using Java APIs and tools, such as JAX-RPC
- Experience with Spring framework
- Experience with relational database design and modeling
- Experience with Hibernate, JPA, and DAOs
- Experience with SQL relational database management systems (Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL, PostgreSQL)
- Unit testing experience with JUnit
- Experience with Tomcat, Websphere, or Weblogic application servers
- Experience managing and configuring a Java application servers, including packaging and deploying applications
- Experience with the following development tools and libraries: Jira, Maven, Ant, Log4J, SVN, IntelliJ
- Experience with java applications performance monitoring and tuning
- Experience installing and configuring enterprise software
- Experience with enterprise application integration preferred
- Experience with HL7 preferred
- Some healthcare industry experience preferred
- Knowledge of the health insurance industry and provider management discipline preferred
- Knowledge of payer, hospital, and physician practice core systems preferred
- Solid understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle in Agile environment
- Experience developing high-performance web applications
- Experience with Agile development methodologies
- Expertise in estimating and planning software development tasks
- Passion for cutting-edge software design and development
- Highly motivated and self-directed
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Keen attention to detail
- Proven analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Exceptional customer service orientation
- Extensive experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Willingness to mentoring and train junior developers
- Willingness to support resolution of escalated technical support issues
- Willingness to travel to nationwide client locations preferred
Bachelors or Masters degree; Computer Science, Engineering or Management Information Systems
We believe you should be rewarded for the important work you do. For that reason, you'll receive a competitive compensation and benefits package when you join our team.
It starts with you. That's a simple sentence but it says a lot. It reminds each one of us that what we do matters. Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission -- whatever your title, whatever your role, you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. By connecting and improving the business of healthcare, we're helping to ensure that millions of patients get the treatment they need. And by choosing a career with McKesson Health Solutions, you'll join a team of passionate people working together to improve lives and advance healthcare.
At McKesson, we believe we can empower healthcare. And it all starts with you.
As an equal opportunity employer, McKesson Corporation unites the talents and contributions of all to advance the power of healthcare. Learn more about our opportunities at mckesson.com/careers
No agencies please.
McKesson - 19 months ago
McKesson moves medicine. As a top pharmaceuticals distributor in North America, McKesson delivers prescription and generic drugs, as well as...