Duties and Responsibilities:
• Development, documentation, and maintenance of cutting edge web-based applications in our portal and premium service platforms.
• Providing technical consultation and expertise to Product Managers and other Synacor staff members
• Writing technical and non-technical specifications and the documentation of procedures
• Reviewing Product requirement documents as well as participating in integration calls with our partners
• Responsible for the initial set-up, launch and maintenance of client Portals
• Deployment of client sites, including custom development, branding, and integration with diverse content feeds, billing and provisioning systems.
• Participating in technical planning and architectural exercises.
• Conducting peer reviews in an agile environment.
• Acting as a resource for colleagues; may direct the work of other staff members.
Education, Experience and Skills:
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science
• A minimum of 3 years development experience in software or website development; proven experience developing large-scale database-driven applications
• Strong skill and in-depth knowledge of PHP or PERL with specialized depth and/or breadth of expertise in specialized areas
• Ability to solve unique and complex problems that have a broad impact on the business
• Ability to interpret internal or external business issues and recommends best practices
• Experience with version control software, GIT preferred
• Outstanding communication and teamwork skills including the ability to collaborate with peers, managers, and other personnel
• Experience working in a fast-paced environment and meeting set deadlines
What we’ll bring to the table:
• 100% Company paid benefits (health, dental, vision) for all employees and eligible dependents
• Competitive compensation package, including stock option grants (for eligible positions)
• Award winning company culture
• Casual dress and flexible environment
• Generous paid time off
• Extensive learning and training opportunities: internal training sessions, innovation fests, and much more
• 25 cent vending machines
• Free Spot coffee, popcorn and cappuccino
• Monthly company connections (get to know your co-workers)
• The opportunity to make a difference!
Synacor is not your typical 9 to 5 workplace. Our award winning culture doesn’t stop at flexible work hours and 25 cent vending machines. Jeans and t-shirts are typical office attire, even for the executives. Teamwork is an everyday occurrence, and is made easy with our new open workspaces. Our leadership team understands that the best results come from collaboration, so we hire the best and brightest and then let them do what they do best: create cutting-edge products and provide exemplary customer service. Synacor's headquarters is located along Buffalo's waterfront in the Erie Basin Marina. Taking a few minutes to enjoy the serenity of nature is as easy as walking 1,000 feet or so to the water. We even have a lakefront gazebo with wi-fi connection! And if that’s not enough, Synacor pays 100% of health care premiums for employees AND dependents, offers stock option participation, a healthy bonus potential and a very generous paid time off policy. Working with some of the largest cable, telecom and satellite providers, Synacor’s products and online services reach over 25 million high-speed Internet subscribers worldwide. We are looking for great people to join our team and be given the freedom to do the work they were hired to do.
Synacor - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard
Synacor is not your typical 9 to 5 workplace. Our award winning culture doesn’t stop at flexible work hours and 25 cent vending...