Are you passionate about writing outstanding code? Do you love working on products that users rave about? Do you thrive in an environment where creativity is at its finest? Do you enjoy tackling hard problems and have a track record delivering results? Are you enthusiastic about working on large-scale software in a fast-paced agile environment? We are looking for a talented, driven and experienced Senior Developer to work on our Identity Management team who will have a combination of technical skills, creativity, and attention to quality to serve our clients.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• The Senior Developer will assist in the design, development, implementation and maintenance of Synacor’s identity stack, integrations with TV everywhere providers and MVPD client integrations and other third party integrations.
• The infrastructure supports the full lifecycle of identity and access management including provisioning, validation, synchronization, authentication and authorization.
• Development, documentation, and maintenance of cutting edge web-based applications in our portal and premium service platforms.
• Deployment of client sites, including custom development, branding, and integration with diverse content feeds, billing and provisioning systems.
• Providing technical consultation and expertise to Product Managers and other Synacor staff members.
• Participating in technical planning and architectural exercises.
• Conducting peer reviews in an agile environment.
• Acting as a resource for colleagues; may direct the work of other staff members.
• Other duties as assigned.
What you’ll need to bring to the table:
• A minimum of 4 years of development experience in software or web development; proven experience developing large-scale Identity Management software a plus.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
• Expert-level knowledge of Java, PHP, or Perl; Java would be ideal
• Professional experience with MySQL, PostgreSQL, or another RDBMS. Knowledge of non-relational DBMS a plus.
• Experience with Identity Management, SAML, Oauth, OpenID, SimpleSAMLphp, SOA, RESTful web services a plus.
• Experience with Unix/Linux, Git, Jenkins, and Continuous Integration is ideal
• Ability and willingness to build knowledge of the organization, processes, and customers.
• Excellent problem solving ability.
• Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment and meet set deadlines.
• Ability to manage work on many projects for many clients.
• Ability to collaborate and communicate well.
What we’ll bring to the table:
• Excellent paid benefits (health, dental, vision) for all employees and eligible dependents
• Competitive compensation package, including stock option grants (for eligible positions)
• Award winning company culture with growth potential
• Casual dress and flexible environment
• Generous paid time off
• Extensive learning and training opportunities: internal training sessions, innovation fests, and much more
• Monthly company connections (get to know your co-workers)
• The opportunity to make a difference!
Synacor is not your typical 9 to 5 workplace. Our award winning culture doesn’t stop at flexible work hours and 25 cent vending machines. Jeans and t-shirts are typical office attire, even for the executives. Teamwork is an everyday occurrence, and is made easy with our new open workspaces. Our leadership team understands that the best results come from collaboration, so we hire the best and brightest and then let them do what they do best: create cutting-edge products and provide exemplary customer service. Working with some of the largest cable, telecom and satellite providers, Synacor’s products and online services reach over 25 million high-speed Internet subscribers worldwide. We are looking for great people to join our team and be given the freedom to do the work they were hired to do.
Synacor is not your typical 9 to 5 workplace. Our award winning culture doesn’t stop at flexible work hours and 25 cent vending...