The Senior Developer (EDI) will design, develop and implement solutions to users’ needs and requirements. This person will work closely with other developers and also provide level three operational and business support, in addition to:
• Creating, enhancing and fixing pojo and JEE applications
• Responsible for software design, coding, testing, debugging, and modifying documentation; this is a hands-on development job in a small-sized development team.
• Understanding and analyzing business rules and processes to automate into the core logic of the software to be constructed
• Assisting with builds and deployments. Including install and release note documentation
• Providing guidance to other developers on technical issues and be a role model for standards and procedures
The minimum requirements for the Senior Developer (EDI) include:
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, similarly-related technical discipline or relevant experience.
• Minimum of 5 years of development experience.
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in Java and JEE
• Object Oriented Design / Test Driven Design
• Enterprise Application Development experience (using app servers like JBoss and Weblogic)
• Able to work in a team environment (this is not a solo developer situation)
o Interactively work with other developers on design decisions
o Take architecture and business decisions into consideration for design
• Good communication skills, self-starter, needs little direction and can challenge the status quo
• Abstract thinking and methodical problem solving skills
• Knowledge of EDI (ANSI X12) standards
• Communication protocols (FTP, FTPS, HTTPS, etc) knowledge.
• Business Process (BP) modeling
Preferred experience includes:
• Java Certification(s)
• Oracle database
• JBoss App server and related tools
• Source Code control tools (SVN)
• Eclipse IDE, Maven 3.X, CI (Bamboo)
• Web tools: Struts, JSF, RichFaces, DHTMLX
• IBM Sterling Integrator suite experience would be an advantage
MRE Consulting, Ltd. - 6 months ago