Great American Insurance Group’s roots go back to 1872 with the founding of its flagship company, Great American Insurance Company. Based in Cincinnati, Ohio, the operations of Great American Insurance Group are engaged primarily in property and casualty insurance focusing on specialty commercial products for businesses, and in the sale of traditional fixed and fixed-indexed annuities in the education, bank and individual markets. Great American Insurance Company has received an “A” (Excellent) or higher rating from the A. M. Best Company for over 100 years (most recent rating evaluation effective March 29, 2012). The members of the Great American Insurance Group are subsidiaries of American Financial Group, Inc. (AFG), also based in Cincinnati, Ohio. AFG’s common stock is listed and traded on the New York Stock Exchange and the Nasdaq Global Select Market under the symbol AFG. www.greatamericaninsurancegroup.com .
Great American Financial Resources ® , Inc. (GAFRI) is the holding company for the annuity and life insurance operations of American Financial Group, Inc. (AFG) and is part of a larger group of companies with more than a century of experience.
The Director of Application Development role provides technical leadership and oversight for GAFRI’s development practices and contributes to the extension and adoption of the iterative delivery process used to coordinate, collaborate and facilitate delivery of high-quality software solutions.
We are seeking a Senior Application Analyst and Developer to join the GAFRI Application Maintenance Team.
- Formulates and defines system scope and objectives through research and fact-finding to develop or modify moderately complex information systems
- Designs, codes, tests, debug, documents and maintain application programs
- Consults with users or other IT professionals to resolve issues with programs. Contributes to the development of project plans and timelines. Provides estimates for planned work
- Build strong partnerships with business and other IT groups
- Technical leadership on small to moderately and occasionally complex projects
- Identifies technical issues/inefficiencies and develops/executes plans to address
- Occasionally leads projects
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Proficient in XSL, XSLT, XML, TSQL, C# and VB.NET and SSIS is required
- Experience with Biztalk, Entity Framework and LINQ are a plus
- Experience with WCF Services
- Understanding of Web Services and SOA is a plus
- Familiar with ITIL Framework is a plus
- Knowledge in Financial Services is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field (or equivalent experience)
- 5+ years of software development experience
- Familiarity with Agile development approach, test first development and iterative release planning
Great American Insurance Group - 17 months ago
Great American Insurance Group is engaged primarily in property and casualty insurance ("P&C"), focusing on specialized...