As a Technology Senior Application Developer, you will be responsible for solution design and development tasks. In addition, you will also be responsible for defining requirements, managing project scope, testing strategy and the project execution approach. This role involves teamwork with the Solutions business (senior and junior staff), Quality Assurance and Application Support communities at all levels within the firm. Excellent business facing communication skills are a must for this position. The individual should have a passion for the system development role; have strong analytical and troubleshooting skills, able to work successfully in a cross-functional environment including level 3 support, networking, operating systems, database, application servers and web servers. The successful candidate must have a proven ability to fully use and apply standard technical troubleshooting principles, system analysis and unit testing while following standardized Change Management policies and procedures. This person must have the ability to work on projects and other assignments with minimal direct supervision and be able to mentor junior staff to develop within the group. A person with familiarity with agile development methodologies is a plus.
- Ability to work on large scale projects that impact the Solutions business and technology.
- Work with a team of developers to develop strategic solutions in a timely manner.
- Participate in complete life cycle of product development.
- Assist the business in identifying, assessing, and documenting business requirements.
- Assist in evaluating priorities and advise on options, risks, and costs versus benefits of proposed solutions
- Proactively identify opportunities for change and improvement within the existing application(s) to increase stability and simplify the platform.
- Demonstrate commitment aorund the firms Incident Management and Problem Management processes with their team and the relevant teams.
- Ensure that all production changes are processed according to Change Management policies and procedures.
- Ensure that appropriate levels of Quality Assurance have been met for all new and existing products.
- Document an overall test plan and ensure full traceability of documented business requirements and solution design elements through documented test cases
- Develop and execute system integration test scripts and ensure the testing results correspond to business expectations
- Familiarity with financial instruments and portfolio management is desirable. The candidate will be expected to gain new financial knowledge as needed.
- Knowledge/understanding of Agile software development methodology is a plus.
US-NY-New York-270 Park Avenue / 02317
Asset & Wealth Management
JPMorgan Chase - 9 months ago
At JPMorgan Chase, the work we do matters. All of us are committed to putting our resources and our voices to work every day for our...