As a Senior Developer you will utilize strong technical and creative experience to help formulate cutting-edge creative concepts in our fast-paced marketing agency. You will prototype and architect technical solutions and work as team development lead on a number of concurrent projects with a broader development team.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
· 70% UI (HTML/CSS/JS) – 30% Backend (.Net/PHP)
· Collaborate with Creative and UX teams to develop tactical ideas that bring high-level concepts to life in the disparate digital channels
· Work with PM and Resource team to define milestones, timelines and resource needs
· Develop technical architecture that will be used for project
· Work with design team to define graphics needs and delivery. This may include some preparation of the graphics but primarily working with more junior developers and the design team to define how graphics need to be prepared
· Define webservice/backend application needs and either architect and build the backend functionality or work with other developers to build them
· Assign tasks to allocated developers and offer guidance in defining architecture and best approach for building out moderately complex applications
· Develop main framework for large-scale applications
· Stay in close communication with more junior developers on the team to ensure that all development work on each assigned project stays on track and is of the highest quality
· Schedule code reviews with Lead Developer and Director to ensure code quality and adherence to coding standards
· Review wireframes with UX and work with BA to ensure all functionality is accounted for.
· Maintain expertise in a core web technologies while continuing to expand knowledge in other technologies
· Other responsibilities as assigned
Nature and Scope
Typically reports to Director, Development
This position will mentor junior level developers
Years of Relevant Experience
7-10 years of development experience working in a marketing/agency environment
· Expert level knowledge in the DOM, (X)HTML, HTML5 and CSS2/3
· Expert level knowledge in one or more server-side languages (prefer .Net and PHP)
· Expertise building custom solutions utilizing the Wordpress platform including custom plugins and custom themes.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Competencies Required
· Excellent understanding of the differences between various browsers and platforms (e.g. desktop vs. mobile) and how resolve cross-browser layout concerns
· Extensive experience consulting with creative teams and building complex creative-driven applications
· Excellent understanding of XML and XSL
· Expertise in preparing graphic elements and comps from a designer using Photoshop, Illustrator and other common design packages
· Experience building rich Facebook applications/tabs using Facebook graph API to get user permissions and user data
· Additional preferred experience working with:
o a RDBMS such as MSSQL, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, etc. for building data-driven web sites. This would include SQL, triggers, stored procedures, etc.
o MVC site architecture such as Codeigniter, .Net MVC2/3/4, Ruby on Rails
o One or more of the following platforms: Sitecore, Wordpress, Symphony CMS, Expression Engine, Adobe CQ5, SiteFinity, Rails, Codeigniter, NodeJS, Backbone JS