Are you ready to be a part of one of the largest trucking companies in the US. With over $1.7B in revenue in 2010, SIRVA is the 13 th largest For-Hire Carrier in the United States where you can use your passion for Information Technology while being challenged, inspired and pushed to constantly be your best? If so, SIRVA Inc. has an amazing opportunity for you!
SIRVA, Inc. is a leading worldwide provider of relocation and moving solutions. We conduct more than 300,000 relocations every year, transferring corporate and government employees and moving individual consumers. With more than 2,300 employees and an extensive network of agents and other service providers, SIRVA operates in more than 150 countries. SIRVA’s brands include Allied, Allied International, Allied Pickfords, Allied Special Products, DJK Residential, Global, northAmerican, northAmerican International, SIRVA Mortgage, SIRVA Relocation and SIRVA Settlement.
SIRVA brings together strong, collaborative people in a dynamic culture of mutual respect, support, and passion for the brand and product. We believe innovation drives winning performance, and we constantly challenge ourselves to be the very best we can in every aspect of our business. You will be surrounded by some of the brightest and most driven people in the industry. At SIRVA, you will be in great company!
The Senior Developer will Independently design, develop and enhance software computer programs, databases objects, and technical software design documentation using advanced knowledge of customer needs and product applications; understand and promote the software development life cycle process and perform other related work as necessary.
Specifically, the Senior Developer will:
Requirements & Customer Interaction:
- Designs & Develops detailed software and database design specifications based on functional and technical specifications.
- Review requirement specifications to produce functional design and/or detailed software design, which optimizes resource usage, considers the customer upgrade path, and clearly enhances system controls and integrity
- Ability to analyze detail design specifications, provide feedback, and perform the work required from the design.
- Maintains and optimizes database systems and analyzes database usage
Responding to business questions & support:
- Interacts with Customers and elicits requirements or clarifications as needed.
- Analyzes requirements and clarify scope and breadth of work tasks with business analysts and product managers
System Testing & Process Improvement:
- Responds to business’ questions in a timely manner with business perspective.
- Analyses problems and incidents and provides resolutions/workarounds that suit the business requirement.
- Identify and resolve programming problems by following routine methods, established system development methodologies
The accomplished individual will possess:
- Reviews code and perform an adequate level of unit, functional and integrated testing to ensure quality standards are attained.
- Participate in process assessment programs and make recommendations to improve software development methods
The ideal candidate should have:
- Excellent problem solving, programming skills and testing skills.
- Excellent analytical skills & design skills.
- Quick learner with ability to work independently and deliver business applications
- Experience with making enhancements to an existing application.
- Team player who develops good team and client relationships
- Currently hands on (coding / developing) as opposed to Lead.
- Educational attainment equivalent to a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field.
- Minimum of 4-6 years of experience developing and maintaining complex applications.
- Minimum 4-6 years of experience in Microsoft technologies
- Minimum 3+ years of experience in C#.Net or VB.Net Windows form, ADO.Net
- Minimum 3+ years SQL Server experience including relational database concepts
- Experience of Mobile Technology development.
- Full Life Cycle or SDLC experience
- Understands design methodologies and Object oriented Concepts
- Experience with Visual Source Safe and Team Foundation Server
2+ years of experience
Bachelor Degree in Computer Technology field or equivalent experience
dotNet framework, and Object-Oriented Programming concepts
ASP.net, C#.net and VB.net (VB6 nice to have, not necessary)
SQL Server, SQL Language
Use, creation of Web services
Server Applications Support
Windows environment file management
General Internet Knowledge
General Windows/PC settings, configuration, troubleshooting (NTFS, Domains, Active Directory, etc)
General Networking knowledge, including but not limited to FTP, TCP/IP, DNS
Win2008 or greater Server, Security, Admin
Use of two- and three-tier architectures
Understanding of DLLs, ActiveX, objects
IIS Configuration and Security
IP Monitor or SNMP based monitoring
Managing multiple priorities
Developing creative approaches to addressing issues.
Excellent oral and written communications
Take initiative & provide solutions
Ability to interface with vendors & end user
SIRVA Worldwide, Inc. - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard