Software Developer with hands-on front and back end web application design and development experience. The successful candidate will be part of a highly productive team working in a fast paced Agile Ruby-on-Rails development environment with 2 week iterations. Familiarity with Test Driven Development (TDD) is required as designing and implementing automated tests is an integral part of the development process. The job includes working closely with: other Development teams, Quality Assurance, Marketing, Business Analysts, and Production Support. The Developer will also provide development estimates, identify dependencies, and identify integration issues/risks.
- Familiarity with Waterfall and Agile / Extreme Programming methodologies.
- Knowledge of Ruby on Rails or scripting language (e.g. Perl, Python) required.
- Strong Java and J2EE knowledge.
- Knowledge in TDD / Test Automation.
- Knowledge in Test Automation and code coverage (Jenkins/Selenium/RSpec/Rcov).
- Knowledge of Apache & WebLogic platform
- Experience developing and utilizing web services (REST / SOAP)
- Knowledge of SQL / DDL
- Strong Object Oriented design skills.
- Knowledge of Content Management System (e.g. Interwoven) desired.
- Working experience in UNIX-like Operating Systems
- Excellent communication skills.
- BS/MS in EE or CS
Vonage - 17 months ago