Fairfield Technologies Inc. (FTI), a CMMI Level 3 company, delivers leading-edge information technology (IT), process improvement, and advanced program management solutions for our Federal defense, civilian, and commercial customers. We pride ourselves on finding innovative yet realistic ways to meet the requirements our clients bring to us, and to deliver far beyond expectations. We are currently seeking a Senior Development Operations Software Engineer to join our team in Riverdale, MD.
- The EOSDIS is a core capability in the customer’s Earth Science Data Systems Program.
- EOSDIS provides end-to-end capabilities for managing the customer’s Earth science data from various sources – satellites, aircraft, field measurements, and various other programs.
- For the EOS satellite missions, EOSDIS provides capabilities for command and control, scheduling, data capture and initial processing.
- The development and maintenance of the EOSDIS website is led by the customer’s EOSDIS Evolution & Development (EED) project.
- Ensure compliance to various program/project and NASA standards and requirements as well as the legal requirements of (SEC-508).
- Ensure industry best practices and assets are leveraged when necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant subject required.
- 5-8 years of in-depth full life cycle Software design and development experience on large/complex n-tier client/server applications.
- In-depth understanding of application hosting, including the use of virtual machine
- 5-8 years of programming experience in Java, Ruby on Rails
- or Clojure , particularly within an Agile development environment .
5-8 years of experience with the UNIX OS and server side scripting languages.
3-5 years of experience deploying code to virtual machines using best-of-breed software packages for CI (continuous integration)/CD (continuous deployment) tools. Examples of tools are Capistrano, Bamboo, Puppet, and Chef
- Must have proven ability to manage, prioritize, and execute multiple concurrent software development project activities.
- Must possess the ability to assess architecture and current system limitations.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Experience with cloud computing/architectures
- Understanding of hardware and networking equipment design.
- Experience with implementing and maintaining hardware and networking components such as servers, routers and switches.
- Experience in designing and implementing, and supporting infrastructures and operations. Focus on high availability of hardware, data replication, and provide real-time recovery in failure situations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Good experience in preparing IT technical documents.
- Energetic, self motivated, team player that is comfortable using collaboration and open communications.
- Period of Performance: now through March 31, 2015
- Permission to work in the United States is required; U.S. citizenship is preferred
- All candidates must be able to pass a National Agency Clearance with Inquires (NACI) screening
- Career Growth – Outstanding Career Opportunities with Competitive Compensation. Customized Training and Development Program. Educational Assistance.
- Health Insurance and Income Protection – Company-Subsidized Comprehensive Health and Dental Insurance for Employees and Families. Company-Paid Vision, Life, Accident, Short and Long Term Disability Insurance. Company-Funded Health Savings Accounts
- Investment and Savings – 401(k) Retirement Plan with Company Match
- Paid Time Off – Company-Paid Holidays, Sick and Vacation Time
Fairfield Technologies, Inc. - 5 months ago