Job Description Summary
The Senior Development Research Analyst independently identifies, qualifies, and researches major gift prospects and donors to support Babson College. Specifically responsible for creating and implementing an annual business plan that includes utilizing wealth screenings for achieving goals; conducting biographical and financial research on prospects and preparing confidential profiles and briefings for the President, Vice President of Development, and Leadership Gift Officers; and collaborating with Admission staff to obtain new parent data.
- Work independently on the identification and qualification of fundraising prospects through electronic and hard copy media.
- Work with the Director, Development Research to create and implement an annual business plan to meet department and individual goals (i.e., number of newly identified prospects).
- Stays current with electronic research resources and provides recommendations to Director on best practices.
- Develops and recommends strategies for obtaining absent biographical information (i.e., home address, business position, etc.).
- Conduct research and provide information on prospects and donor giving capacities, inclinations to give, interests, and other biographical data to Development colleagues and select campus departments.
- Clarify research questions continuously and work closely with colleagues to insure most effective research strategies.
- Communicate clearly and professionally through written documentation research strategy, outcome, and follow-up recommendations.
- Assist in maintaining donor information in both paper and electronic prospect files.
- Develop and run queries and reports in fundraising database and research tools.
- May mentor Development Research Analyst on certain projects.
- Assumes additional responsibilities as required.
Minimum Level of Education Required Bachelor’s Degree
Additional Required Skills & Abilities
Position Knowledge/Skills & Abilities Requirements:
- A minimum of 3-5 years of previous experience
- Ability to handle confidential information in a sensitive manner.
- Demonstrated electronic and library research experience utilizing both public and subscription based databases including international resources
- Ability to summarize extensive and diverse facts into useful information
- Knowledge of fundraising, preferably in an academic environment
- Demonstrated technology skills with relational database and Microsoft Office experience
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong analytical skills