GE offers a great work environment and challenging careers. GE is an
Equal Opportunity Employer
for all, including minorities, women, protected veterans and disabled.
Develops and evaluates novel dielectric materials and devices that meet/exceed customer application requirements, pushing the frontiers of higher temperatures, higher thermal conductivity, higher electric fields, and harsher environments. Uses both theoretical understanding and empirical experiments to close the loop where one feeds back into the other.
As a Senior Dielectric Materials Physicist, you will deepen our understanding of and grow our leadership position in dielectric materials systems. Working in a highly matrixed, cross-functional environment, you will simultaneously address specific materials development needs, leading to functional components, and generate new knowledge, relating the materials physics of polymer nano-composites to performance metrics.
- Perform experiments on materials and devices, using techniques such as: as dielectric spectroscopy, impedance spectroscopy, voltage endurance, dielectric breakdown, polarization techniques, PEA, TSDC
- Contribute to the theoretical understanding of advanced dielectric materials
- Lead and participate in projects resulting in impact for GE businesses and customers
- Clearly communicate your plans and results to internal and external stakeholders
- Mentor other researchers in relevant technologies, experimental methods, and implementation of Lean-Six-Sigma methodology in research
- Network with academic, national laboratory, industry, and GE experts to leverage internal capability, increasing impact
- Identify strategic areas to investigate, growing lab capability and impact
- Doctorate degree in Materials Science, Physics, Electrical Engineering or related field of study with at least 5 years industry experience working to bring new technologies to market
- Demonstrated ability to work/lead in a cross-functional, matrix workplace
- Lean/Six-Sigma Black Belt certification
- Demonstrated expertise in condensed matter electrical phenomena
- Demonstrated record of safety in the workplace and in designing experimental setups
- Proficiency in typical office and data analytics software, e.g. JMP, MatLab, MiniTab, Office
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals at the Masters level for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Must be willing to work out of an office located in Niskayuna, NY.
- Must be willing to take a drug test and submit to a background investigation as part of the selection process.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- You must submit your application for employment on the careers page at www.gecareers.com to be considered.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
This position is eligible for The Employee Referral Program.
Imagine what GE Global Research will make happen next. If you are ready to join us, click on the “Apply to job” button below.
- Working knowledge of polymers and functional fillers used for high-performance electrical insulation systems
- Greater than 10 years industry experience working to bring new technologies to market
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technology as evidenced, for example, with refereed publications or with patents/patent applications in at least two fields
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
Section 19 Job
YOU MUST BE ABLE TO SATISFY THE REQUIREMENTS OF SECTION 19 OF THE FEDERAL DEPOSIT INSURANCE ACT.
Apply to job
Save to cart
GE Careers - 7 months ago
copy to clipboard
At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Developing people is how we have succeeded across industries...