The senior dietitian position will provide menu support to USF customers and menu team. This position is responsible for writing/creating and reviewing cycle menus and supporting materials to the senior living marketplace according to Federal and State guidelines while educating the USF field team on menu implementation. This position will also assist in the project management of menu costing, software offerings, and recipe maintenance and entry.
o Developing master menus, pre-preps, coordinating report materials and customer letters each cycle
- Oversees a major segment of the USF Menu Management department which includes but is not limited to:
o Coordinating mini group processing and production
o Maintaining nutritional, therapeutic diet and recipe databases
o Assisting individual facility menu production
- Maintains guidelines for menu production ensuring all menus and diets produced by USF meet the current federal requirements, state specific regulations and latest guidelines for the specified population.
- Writes and reviews cycle menus to ensure nutritional adequacy while meeting variety, color, plate presentation and production parameters.
- Checks diet extensions, recipes, nutritional reports, production worksheets, and shopping lists for master menus.
- Provides training to USF Healthcare Specialists, sales team and menu customers on menu policies, guidelines, and implementation.
- Maintain and reviews menu customer database to ensure accurate billing practices and monthly billing reports.
- Serves as primary contact for billing related projects, queries and issues.
- Writes value added materials such as in-services, reference manual updates and posters.
- Assists with department projects surrounding menu and value added offerings including cost analysis, software development, regular and therapeutic recipe entry and nutrition linking.
- Remains knowledgeable and current with the dietetic profession, maintaining continuing education credits as established by the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (AND).
BS required in dietetics or food and nutrition; RD required-Registration with the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR); Illinois State Dietetic licensure.
Related Experience: 3
+ years in menu planning or foodservice operations within the senior living market, acute care market or related fields
Registered Dietitian; computer literacy
excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to work in a team environment and prioritize multiple tasks; analytical, creative planning and organization skills; knowledge of Computrition software or other menu planning software
Limited physical demands- detailed reading required, use of computer, some moving of materials within an office setting
US Foods - 30+ days ago