Advancement Project is a next generation, multi-racial civil rights organization. We tackle inequity with innovative strategies and strong community alliances. With a national office in Washington, DC and two offices in California, we combine law, communications, policy and technology to create workable solutions and achieve systemic change. We aim to inspire and strengthen movements that expand opportunity for all.
Advancement Project’s national office seeks an expert in social media and e-activism to engage its target audiences, expand its online community and drive its campaigns across the social web.
- Manage all internet-based and multimedia communications.
- Develop and execute a clearly defined social media strategy.
- Manage and generate content for organization’s website, blog and social networking sites.
- Support grassroots partners through development and implementation of social media strategies for projects, organizational positioning, training and capacity building.
- Manage social networking platforms and cultivate growing communities to increase engagement, action and participation in the organization’s online initiatives.
- Plan, develop and implement strategic email campaigns.
- Identify, interpret and implement emerging social media trends and tools.
- Track and report on social media ROI and web analytics.
- Work with development department to increase giving through our website and social networking sites.
- Develop strategic digital media campaigns to complement the earned media campaigns and programmatic work.
- Evaluate existing websites and social media channels, creates plan for improvements and implements changes.
- Manages content, layout and design for all Advancement Project websites.
- Bachelor’s degree and 4-6 years experience managing online content and digital strategy for advocacy campaigns.
- Familiarity with social media platforms and other digital tools and a passion for using these tools to drive action and engagement.
- Strong knowledge of online communications strategies and tactics, usability standards, branding and latest digital technologies, tools and best practices.
Active involvement in online communities.
- Experience in developing digital media strategies as part of broader issue campaigns.
- Familiarity with advocacy CRMs like Blue State Digital or Salsa Labs.
- Excellent writing, editing and storytelling skills.
- Ability to lead and influence others.
- Ability to quickly learn and troubleshoot new and existing technologies.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines and respond to shifting priorities.
- Ability to think and work independently.
- Must be creative and innovative.
- Knowledge of and interest in education, criminal justice and/or racial justice issues a plus and experienced with effective e-campaigns.
- Ability to speak and write in Spanish a plus but not required.