Senior Digital Strategist
Do you love what you do AND the people you work with?
At BGT you can choose your destiny, make great friends, be your quirky self and have a fulfilling career where your ideas and hard work will be noticed and appreciated. We are one of the oldest, largest and most award-winning independent digital agencies in the world. BGT is consistently ranked one of the best places to work locally and nationally. Our culture is our business – we put our people first, boasting a nearly 100% employee retention rate…unheard of in our industry. We’re a privately held company, which allows us to define our own personality and culture.
We have a rich history of consumer and B2B brand experience, representing some of the world’s largest brands, including GE, Wal-Mart, Carnival and Sony. We do the digital heavy lifting, solving complex challenges through our core advantage, integrated strategy & analytics and end-to-end delivery.
The Strategy team at BGT Partners helps clients identify, implement and validate business opportunities that create real business value through the use of digital technologies. Our team is comprised of a diverse range of backgrounds including interactive marketing and analytics, technology, business consulting, and user-experience design. The common thread they bring to our projects is their intellectual curiosity, creativity, resourcefulness, attitude, drive, and confidence.
As a Sr. Digital Strategist, you will help set the stage for a variety of complex, fast moving projects through various stages of the product development lifecycle – from understanding user needs and market opportunities, to mapping out specific requirements for a proposed solution.
Working with a variety of research tools, a Sr. Digital Strategist gains market perspective and distills insights into a compelling deliverable for our clients. The strategic direction and roadmap for the digital strategy, in addition to business and marketing strategy, is what makes BGT Partners exceptional advisors.
What you will do:
- Analysis of audience, competitors, market and technographic insights and trends to inform comprehensive digital experience strategies across channels and devices
- Collect data from multiple sources including consumer data aggregators, market research, web analytics, quantitative surveys, industry reports, corporate annual reports and other secondary research sources
- Synthesize key business and marketing insights from data set and identify opportunities for additional creative data exploration
- Develop customer journeys, identifying key moments of truth and optimal digital engagement and touch points
- Define digital customer profiles/targeting parameters and user personas
- Lead stakeholder interviews and requirements gathering activities and synthesize key findings
- Evaluate client and competitor websites and other digital experiences based on qualitative assessments and quantitative performance metrics
- Develop digital marketing strategies and roadmap for tactics that align with business objectives
- Collaborate with colleagues from a range of disciplines including media, marketing, analytics, user experience, design, and technology to build a robust and scalable strategy for client
- Create clear, concise and compelling content for client presentations, POVs, and other deliverables as necessary
- Serve as account team partner and thought leader in aligning efforts with client’s broader business goals and objectives
- Support account teams in the identification, prioritization and scoping of client opportunities
- Organize and prioritize to effectively support multiple client accounts and projects simultaneously
- Participate in client workshops, presentations, and other working sessions as required
- Develop effective relationships with clients and other groups across the agency
- Participate in development of new business proposals to existing and new clients
- Guide the work of assigned Strategists in the context of a client engagement
- Maintaining fluency in relevant interactive technologies and platforms
What you need to do it:
- Minimum 5 years internet, marketing, interactive/technology consulting or management consulting, 3+ years focused on digital space preferred with experience crafting digital strategies that drive development of digital experiences and campaigns for leading brands
- Bachelor’s degree with strong academic performance required, MBA or advanced degree a plus
- Strong quantitative and research skills with proven ability to demonstrate data interpretation capabilities
- Experience in designing and directing research methodologies, developing screeners and discussion guides and fielding qualitative research
- Analyzing different data sets to uncover patterns and themes that lead to consumer/market insights
- Experience executing on multiple simultaneous streams of work across internal teams and different clients
- Deep experience in execution of digital strategy engagements, including delivery of personas, content strategy, user experience, optimization, analytics, social and mobile strategy.
- Highly motivated, self-starter comfortable in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial atmosphere
- Exceptional written, oral communication and presentation skills, with the ability to create and present clear and concise client ready deliverables, engage the client and defend proposed concepts to director-level audiences and above
- Strong interpersonal skills – at BGT our culture is key. Committed, collaborative, friendly, respectful, and supportive attitudes that make our work, our client relationships, and our environment great
- Strong grasp of business strategy issues relevant to clients and relative industries
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint software tools. Experience with SAS, SPSS or other data manipulation tools is a plus
- Candidate must be open to travel as needed (&l