Customer experience (CE) has emerged as an important business discipline and an area in need of improvement within the electric and gas utility industry, which generally lags behind other industries in delivering consistently excellent customer service. E Source is looking for an energetic individual with the CE passion and experience to serve as Senior Director of Customer Experience and to help lead this important change in the utility world.
The senior director of customer experience oversees the E Source Customer Experience Suite, which provides cutting-edge thought leadership, strategy, and best practices to utilities in the areas of customer experience management, contact channel optimization, customer service, and communications. The suite of services includes the E Source Utility Customer Care , E-Channel , and Experience & Communications Management Services .
This customer-focused individual will be the visionary face of CE for E Source, as well as provide guidance to E Source CE product managers and researchers. You’ll use your communication skills, problem-solving talents, and passion for excellence to manage relationships with senior utility executives and to help drive sales.
The senior director reports directly to the president of E Source. This is a full-time position based at the E Source headquarters in Boulder, Colorado.
Specific job duties:
- Provide thought leadership to E Source members on CE management, contact channels, online self-service, billing and payment, credit and collections, corporate communications, brand development, and social media.
- Interact with utility leaders to stay current on industry issues and trends.
- Keep ahead of the CE curve by reading industry publications, attending conferences, and learning from vendors, customers, and other CE leaders.
- Research and create white papers, newsletters, reports, website and meeting content, and web conference presentations on hot CE topics.
- Help to answer member questions about CE.
- Represent E Source at industry conferences and events; seek out speaking engagements.
- Champion customer needs and promote a customer-focused culture within E Source.
- Travel to and maintain contact with E Source customers and prospective customers (travel represents 25 to 30 percent of overall time).
- Build and grow strategic relationships with utility executives and market leaders.
- Ensure customer satisfaction with E Source and the CE services they purchase; anticipate customer needs and bring the voice of the customer into E Source decision-making.
- Collaborate with the sales team—assist in developing strategies, closing deals, and launching services.
- Understand utility business drivers and help translate them into CE service deliverables and research topics.
- Degree in business or related technical area; an MBA is a plus
- Minimum of three years of hands-on CE expertise, with associated CE credentials
- Certification in customer experience management and change management experience with user-centered design concepts as well as meter-to-cash work experience preferred
- Experience in customer-facing roles, including account management, customer support, product management, and sales
- Exceptional presentation skills and experience
- Prior supervisory or management experience
- Professional demeanor and proven ability to thrive in a dynamic and collaborative environment and to influence people without direct authority
- Ability to collaborate with internal cross-departmental teams to drive solutions
- Prior utility or other regulated industry experience is a plus
- Experience with developing strategies for quality improvement processes
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Familiarity with e-channel, website, and interactive voice response system (IVR) customer usability issues
- Proven problem-solving skills
E source - 2 years ago