Are you ready for an exciting career move? We're a fast moving $16 billion, Fortune 200 publicly-traded company with more than 10,500 stores and 11 distribution centers in 40 states, growing by hundreds of stores each year. We work in an energetic team atmosphere that leverages each person’s strengths and maximizes potential. We are committed to attracting upbeat, talented, and motivated people who can advance our mission of "Serving Others." |
In partnership with the VP, Retail Division Manager, this position will execute the company’s strategic initiatives into the operations of stores located across multiple states in a geographic division of the company (e.g. several hundred stores). Provides leadership that supports the company’s strategy of delivering profitable and sustainable long-term growth by leveraging what has proven successful in our history and seeking positive change from new ideas, new disciplines and new rigor.
Duties and Responsibilities:
KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS:
- Partner with region and district management in achieving the operating priorities of driving productive store growth, increasing gross margin, leveraging process improvements and technology to reduce costs and strengthening and expanding the culture of “Serving Others”
- Review, communicate and inspect execution plans around key company programs, events and initiatives through field and in-store visits.
- Perform root cause analysis for “out of bounds” (OOB) shrink districts and stores; poor store standards/execution and underperforming new and comp stores.
- Utilizes analysis supplied by the Store Operations team to develop root cause analysis and problem solutions to address gaps. Responsible for ensuring implementation of solutions and monitoring results.
- Monitor the performance of new/relocation/remodel stores and execution of store grand opening programs for consistent brand implementation.
- Ensure process for new store site reviews and lease renewals is executed in a timely manner.
- Implement execution of company-wide best practices and process improvements.
- Ensure compliance through tracking of Store Visit Scorecard (SVS) visits, surveys, audits pogs, etc.
- Leads and monitors model store process with regular validation of the standards and progress of the roll out.
- Partner with VP, Retail Division Manager in the evaluation, coaching and training of region and district management.
Work Experience and/or Education:
- Demonstrated results-oriented leadership including the ability to model total development and serve as a steward of Dollar General’s mission and values.
- Financial analysis skills sufficient to interpret operating statements and other financial reporting data, manage budgets, and control inventory.
- Demonstrated ability to produce desired results by maintaining tough expense control, and managing merchandise effectively.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal and customer service skills including a willingness to consistently provide superior customer service, the ability to react appropriately under pressure, the ability to apply good judgment in ambiguous situations, and demonstrated flexibility/adaptability.
- Ability to effectively work in collaboration with others to achieve business objectives in a participative management style.
- Outstanding verbal, written and technical communication abilities.
- Exhibit the leadership capability for development in more senior roles.
Bachelor’s degree with 10+ years retail experience to include management and multi-unit; equivalent education and experience combination will be considered. Previous retail experience should be with a discount, convenience, grocery, or similar environment.
Note: This position requires weekly travel.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position and is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An employee should perform all duties as assigned by his/ her supervisor.
- Drives results by identifying opportunities to improve performance.
- Works efficiently by planning and organizing work to achieve goals and objectives.
- Focuses on customers by anticipating customer need, overcoming obstacles, and continually striving to improve customer satisfaction.
- Applies effective analytical skills by integrating complex information, while balancing tactical and strategic initiatives.
- Communicates effectively by providing clear and timely communication and demonstrating effective listening skills.
- Demonstrates adaptability by adjusting to changing business priorities.
Dollar General - 18 months ago
copy to clipboard
Goodlettsville, Tenn.-based Dollar General Corporation is the nation’s largest small-box discount retailer. We make shopping for...