Please visit www.millwardbrown.com for information on our company.
Millward Brown, a global, leading edge market research company is seeking a Senior Director of Financial Planning and Analysis for its North American business that will take ownership for helping to evolve a world class corporate FP&A function. Responsibilities include budgeting, forecasting, financial strategy, scenario modeling, target setting and long-term business planning for all of its Business Units.
This role will be a strategic partner with the CFO of Millward Brown North America in all facets of the business providing daily support for developing detailed quarterly and annual financial models, strategic planning for its various businesses and review of potential initiatives/strategies/products. Additionally you will be providing the Senior Leadership team of Millward Brown North America and its business units with the necessary analytical framework, both quantitative and qualitative, for the business decision-making process.
The position will interact with a broad group of individuals including the CEO, President and COO of Millward Brown North America, presidents and heads of business units, office and practice leads and the Global Finance team including the Global CFO of Millward Brown. This is a unique role with high exposure to key executives and significant involvement in a broad range of financial areas spanning the business.
The position reports to the CFO of Millward Brown North America.
If you are a CPA/MBA and possess extremely strong financial analysis and communication skills and are able to work in a very fluid and engaging environment we welcome your introduction!
- Provide the analytical frameworks and strategic insights to identify risk and opportunities associated with the financial planning of the North American region.
- Develop and maintain comprehensive financial models that allow for bottoms-up evaluations and detailed forecasting/target setting.
- Support special projects/ad-hoc requests.
- Partner with the Senior Leadership team in achieving financial and metric targets.
- Identify financial leverage points in the business
- Acquisition analysis and integration
- Drive the quarterly P&L forecasting process, working with multiple stakeholders across the business and finance teams
- Analyze and understand trends and drivers in the business forecast and make recommendations to achieve forecasted targets
- Design high impact presentations with an emphasis on data visualization techniques and strong story telling
- Develop effective and accurate reporting for monthly results by P&L line item, and develop and drive recommendations for improvements
- Prepare and present financial scenarios and forecasts to the CFO and senior leadership team
- Continue to develop and evolve the KPI and KRI scorecards
- Perform ad hoc / special projects as needed
- Promote continuous improvement, efficiency and automation within the finance department.
- As a part of the monthly financial close and reporting process, analyze the current business results including assessing underlying drivers and potential issues
- Assess impacts of assigned department spending proposals
- Assist in the delivering of budget with clear articulation of risks and opportunities
- Support strategic business analyses as directed.
- Ensure that the various reporting systems and source data are accurate and reconciled.
Target Setting and Budgeting:
- Work closely with the CFO and Senior Leadership Team to lead the target setting process for the Company and ensure the P&L is managed within the targets set by the Senior Leadership Team
- Assist in the development and implementation of tools, systems, and processes to support the successful completion of timely and accurate forecasts.
Key Performance and Personal Characteristics
- 10-12 years of experience in financial analysis, financial forecasting or budgeting
- BS in Finance or Accounting; an MBA or CPA is strongly preferred
- Strong analytical, forecasting and problem solving skills; ability to utilize experience to continuously improve processes
- Advanced Excel modeling skills and advanced competency in Powerpoint and Word
- Extremely strong IT systems skills
- Results-driven and passionate about driving financial goals and deliverables; high energy
- Ability to effectively present complex financial issues to non-finance business leaders
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated ability to present analysis and findings to executives and peers in a clear and articulated manner
- Good understanding of the reporting and business intelligence/decision support tools/systems
- Must be able to meet tight deadlines under a fast-paced environment and work overtime, as needed.
- High attention to accuracy and ability to work within stringent deadlines
- Superior customer service focus
- Ability to multi-task and deal effectively with ambiguity.
- A proven ability to positively effect change
- Possess a positive attitude and excellent communication (verbal and interpersonal) skills; confident in interacting with senior executives
- Proactive, result oriented, with a can-do attitude in meeting critical deadlines
- Excellent leadership skills that require hands on management and strong influencing and partnership (collaborative) skills
- Project management skills and a proven ability to coordinate activities across organizations
Millward Brown has, and continues to have great success at promoting quality individuals from within. To assist in our employees' continued development we provide extensive in-house training. Additionally, Millward Brown provides comprehensive benefits offerings to all full-time employees. Our benefits include several options for medical and dental insurance, 401(k) plan with Company matching provision, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, life insurance, health and wellness benefits, and an enhanced paid time-off program. We are confident that Millward Brown offers a unique chance to join a dynamic and innovative organization that is continuing to grow.
Our Values and Culture
Our name is synonymous with innovative products and services, and we continue to lead the industry in developing new techniques and models to better serve the needs of our clients worldwide. But it doesn't stop there. We believe in bringing together results-oriented people and providing them with the tools and resources to succeed. To support this, we offer comprehensive training that includes a combination of informal hands-on and more structured group sessions as well as numerous opportunities for career growth. By cultivating an environment in which our employees can succeed and are valued for their contributions, we have built a solid reputation for developing, recognizing and promoting our employees.
Millward Brown is an EEO Employer
Millward Brown - 17 months ago
Millward Brown provides market research services, specializing in brand performance, from more than 75 offices in some 50 countries. Its...