inVentiv health offers best-in-class Clinical, Consulting and Commercial services to global companies seeking to accelerate performance. With 13,000 employees in 40 countries, we rapidly transform promising ideas into commercial reality. inVentiv has committed itself to hiring and retaining the very best talent in the healthcare industry, those who have a single common characteristic: the desire and aptitude to succeed. We are focused on hiring the best, those who possess unparalleled knowledge and experience as well as a passion for delivering exceptional ideas and service to our clients. In turn, inVentiv provides an opportunity-rich environment where employees can grow as professionals in one of many disciplines and pursue long-term career goals throughout our worldwide network of locations.
The Global Technology Office is seeking a Director accountable for leading the team that manages infrastructure service transition, operations and continuous improvements across Inventiv Centers worldwide. This position plays a key leadership role in ensuring exceptional operational performance and the management of our infrastructure partner. The role entails partnering with various IT units across the various lines of business and the corporate functions. to deliver a coherent, fast, efficient and high quality service to Business Units. The scope of services includes full data center operations, network, storage and compute.
J ob Description :
- Strategic Direction and Leadership
- Institutionalize and continuously improve the end-to-end delivery processes and metrics in partnership with the Business Units.
- Drive technical innovation and automation within the Delivery organization and in partnership with the Engineering and Tools teams.
- Develop a culture of accountability, collaboration, partnership, efficiency and repeatable excellence within the Delivery Organization.
- Contribute strongly to other strategic priorities and organizational development.
- Drive and Deliver Results
- Agree performance metrics with key stakeholders within the Business Units, and drive improvements where necessary.
- Aggressively manage service levels and overall improvements with the services partner
- Reduce time to market and improve quality for standardized Business Unit projects.
- Continuously identify underlying efficiency gains to optimize the cost structure of the Delivery organization.
- Business Partnership & Relationships
- Partner and consult with key business stakeholders to understand keep the team’s performance and strategic direction in sync with business needs.
- Collaborate strongly with the Architecture, Customer Engagement, Engineering and Data Centre proximity teams in support of these objectives
- People & Financial Responsibility
- Act as the senior leader and role model for a globally or geographically dispersed organization.
- Build the target culture through mentoring, coaching and strong performance management
- Manage cost center and budget.
- College degree in Computer Science or similar discipline
- 10+ years progressive professional experience in a technology environment with a minimum of 5 years in a technology director level role
- Broad technical knowledge with an understanding of technology and technology trends and their commercial application to solve business problems.
- Expertise in one or more areas of technology, exposure to data center operations and related functions preferred
- Results oriented leadership style with proven ability to mobilize and energize large, global, cross-functional teams with a mindset of increasing standardization, optimization and efficiencies.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills including the ability to build relationships, effectively communicate and influence across all management and organizational levels in a matrix organization
- Proven ability to work with competing resources
- Strong conflict, problem solving and collaboration skills.
- A broad understanding of inVentiv’s marketplaces, product lines, customers, industry, and business operations
InventivHealth - 9 months ago