The Human Assets team fuels the growth and success of Leadership for Educational Equity (LEE) through attracting, engaging, developing, and retaining extraordinary, diverse talent. We aspire to create a high performance organization that provides outstanding leadership development opportunities for our staff.
As the leader of the Human Asset's team at LEE, the Senior Director will drive the vision, direction and strategy of the Human Assets team to create a high performance organization. S/he will guide and manage the overall provision of human resource services, policies and programs. S/he will lead and execute staff professional development strategy and employee training programs. S/he will manage a team of staffers to put in place scalable, effective systems to recruit diverse talent, manage performance systems and build company culture. The Senior Director will directly report to Vice President of Strategy and Operations, lead a team of staffers and partner with all departments.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
Strategy & Goal Setting:
- Shape the overall vision and strategy for how LEE attracts, engages, develops and retains extraordinary, diverse talent;
- Set annual ambitious goals that are in line with the vision and strategic plan;
- Conduct ongoing data and landscape analyses to determine the most strategic actions, partnerships, and strategies;
- As part of the Strategy and Operations Team, collaborate on the overall strategic direction of LEE and assist with special projects.
- Lead the creation of staff leadership and professional development strategy, including employee orientation, development and training;
- Establish an in-house employee training system that addresses LEE's staff training needs including training needs assessment, new employee orientation, onboarding, and continious staff development;
- Manage all staff training programs, resources and reporting;
- Assist managers with the selection and contracting of external training programs and consultants;
- Assist with the development and management of the corporate training budget.
In partnership with the Director, Talent Recruitment Selection and Hiring:
- Manage human assets team and staff to ambitious results;
- Oversee the implementation of LEE's human assets strategy through Human Assets staff. Identifies opportunities for improvement and resolves any discrepancies;
Develop scalable systems and processes to manage talent recruitment and new hire onboarding;
Drive strategies, processes and resources to build a diverse talent pipeline and for current and future vacancies;
Partner with hiring managers and the leadership team to execute on ambitious growth plans, build profiles for open roles, as well as on prospecting, recruitment, cultivation and selection processes and onboarding of new hires;
Develop partnerships and networks with organizations and individuals for recruitment purposes;
Interview management- and executive-level candidates; serves as interviewer for position finalists.
In partnership with Human Assets Business Partner:
Leads the implementation of the performance management system that includes staff performance evaluation and individual development plans;
Manage organization headcount planning, the annual compensation review process and benefits administration;
Determine and implement practices that help develop of a staff culture based on organizations core values.
Skills and Experience
- Formulate and recommend human resources policies and objectives for the company with regard to employee relations, and partner with management to communicate human resources policies, procedures, programs and laws;
- Conducts investigations when employee complaints or concerns are brought forth;
- Monitors and advises managers and supervisors in the progressive discipline system of the company. Monitors the implementation of a performance improvement process with non-performing employees;
- Reviews, guides, and approves management recommendations for employment terminations;
- Reviews employee appeals through the company complaint procedure
Benefits and Salary
- Bachelor's degree required with at least 10 years work experience preferred
- Broad knowledge and experience in organizational planning, organization development, employee relations, and training and development.
- General knowledge of employment law and compensation required;
- Non-profit experience and/or experience in electoral politics, policy and advocacy preferred;
- Demonstrated experience in adult learning and development required;
- Demonstrated ability to lead, manage and develop Human Resources staff members;
- Demonstrated ability to serve as a successful participant on an executive management team that provides company leadership and direction;
- Has a track record of building relationships and networks in order to achieve results;
- Exceptional critical thinking and judgment;
- Exceptional organization and project management skills; ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high-volume, results-oriented, deadline-driven environment with a sense of possibility, high expectations and an entrepreneurial spirit;
- Strong written and verbal communication;
- Strong customer service ethic;
- Excellent interpersonal and coaching skills;
- Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment including Excel and skills in database management and record keeping;
- Professional maturity and ability to demonstrate high level of confidentiality;
- Deep alignment and understanding of LEE's mission; core values.
- Experience working in fast-paced nonprofit environment a plus
Salary for this position is competitive and depends on prior experience. In addition, a comprehensive benefits package is included.
Anti-Discrimination Policy and Commitment to Diversity
Leadership For Educational Equity seeks individuals of all ethnic and racial backgrounds to apply for this position. We are committed to maximizing the diversity of our organization, as we want to engage all those who can contribute to this effort.
Please submit your resume and a one-page cover letter with your application. Apply now at
For more information, please contact