Alvarez & Marsal (“A&M”), a leading independent global professional services firm, specializing in providing turnaround management, performance improvement and corporate advisory services, is seeking to expand its corporate Human Resources team. With more than 2300 professionals based in locations across North America, Europe, Asia, and Latin America, our firm excels in problem solving and value creation. Drawing on a strong operational heritage and hands-on-approach, our professionals work closely with organizations and stakeholders to help tackle complex business issues and maximize value.
We are currently seeking a Senior Director of Human Resources with a senior HR Generalist background to provide advice to our business leaders while utilizing our department’s internal resources to develop strategic programs that will enable the firm to fully leverage the skills and talents of our biggest asset -- our people. In collaboration with the senior leaders of each of the HR functional areas - Employment, Benefits, Talent Acquisition & Learning & Development - the Senior Director of Human Resources will be responsible for developing and leading strategic human resources programs throughout the company. This position will report directly to the Chief Human Resources Officer and become the “strong second” in leadership of the HR team.
- Responsible for continually refining the strategic alignment of the HR team to the various businesses within the global organization.
- Cultivate and foster strong relationships with business leadership – educate and instill awareness of the strategic offerings and overall capabilities of the human resources function.
- Maintain clear, effective lines of communication throughout the firm, keeping all employees well-informed regarding new programs and developments, critical issues, and policy changes.
- Establish and maintain human resources reporting tools, metrics, and analytics; recommend organizational and operational improvements based on data analysis.
- In collaboration with the functional areas within the HR department, responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Execute initiatives pertaining to engaging staff, improving employee morale and effectiveness in response to employment engagement surveys and work with leaders in other regions to deliver a common approach across the firm.
- Collaborate with Employment and Benefits Team to drive a “one-firm” approach to on/off-boarding, with sensitivity towards business unit priorities.
- Benchmark current benefit offerings against competitors with the goal of offering a competitive suite of benefits to attract and retain top talent.
- Motivate and involve stakeholders to help implement and support change and develops strategies to deal with resistance to change.
- Provide employee relations assistance to all employees in a fair and consistent manner; offer advice and flexible support to managers in addressing employee issues.
- Ensure organizational compliance with all country, state, and local laws and regulatory guidelines; direct the preparation, maintenance, and communication of reports and records as required.
- Monitor current trends and innovations in human resources practices, make recommendations and implement new programs and policies as appropriate.
- Maintain expert understanding of federal, state, and other regulatory agency rules and guidelines; communicate the impact of new developments and regulations, and make appropriate recommendations for action.
- Dynamic and entrepreneurial approach; ability to champion and effectively educate and communicate strategic capabilities of the human resources function;
- Superior presentation, written and verbal communication skills;
- Comfortable in complex environments and able to move effortlessly between strategic topics and day to day HR activities;
- Ability to demonstrate commercial understanding of the business, coupled with an appetite to build a deep appreciation of professional services sector;
- Team player who is willing to work hard to build strong and productive relationships at all levels within the Business Units, Corporate Units and HR Department;
- Ability to coach senior individuals and influence as appropriate to ensure successful outcomes;
- A change manager and project leader, with the gravitas and credibility to influence at a senior level within the organization.
- A minimum of 15 to 20 years of experience in a series of progressive HR roles, ideally within a professional services firm;
- Experience in a start-up environment, a plus;
- Experience in delivering high quality support to a sophisticated client base; comfortable with having day to day interaction with senior leaders and forging strong relationships;
- An in-depth understanding of human resources management and its link to business strategy;
- Experience in the research and development of Health and Welfare and Retirement benefits’ programs in a global environment;
- Experience in creating and implementing comprehensive human resource policies and programs in a constantly changing, dynamic environment;
- A history of success in securing commitment and support for human resources initiatives;
- Extensive experience leading all aspects of the human resources function including employee relations, compensation and benefits, organization design and effectiveness, and succession planning;
- Knowledge and practical application experience of employment legislation.
- A strong background in human resources information systems and associated technology.
- Proven success recruiting, mentoring, managing, and developing staff.
- An undergraduate degree specializing in Human Resources, Organizational Change Management, Industrial Psychology or Business Management, is required.
- An advanced degree and Professional Human Resources (PHR or SPHR) certification is preferred.
It is A&M's policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status or sexual orientation in accordance with all applicable laws, directives and regulations of federal, state and city entities.
About Alvarez & Marsal:
Alvarez & Marsal (A&M) is a global professional services firm specializing in turnaround and interim management,...