Senior Director, Insurance Performance Improvement
Alvarez & Marsal, a leading independent global professional services firm, specializing in providing turnaround management, performance improvement and corporate advisory services, is seeking to expand its Insurance & Risk Advisory Services team. With more than 2,400 professionals based in 40 locations across North America, Europe, Asia, and Latin America, our firm excels in problem solving and value creation. Drawing on a strong operational heritage and hands-on-approach, our professionals work closely with organizations and stakeholders to help tackle complex business issues and maximize value.
A&M’s Insurance & Risk Advisory Services (IRAS) practice, with offices throughout the US, provides a full range of consulting services to companies and investors throughout the insurance sector, focusing on alleviating pressure points within healthy, underperforming and/or troubled organizations. We operate with efficient, highly experienced teams who are accustomed to solving complex problems and delivering rapid results. Unlike other advisors, A&M brings the proven capability and experience to develop and implement solutions in support of business transformations and restructurings.
Our professionals are aligned with a IRAS service line to promote the development of deep functional skills and experiences and to maximize our ability to tailor solutions to solve our clients' business issues.
Our Insurance & Risk Advisory Services include:
- Risk Advisory Services
- Pension and Benefit Solutions
- Regulatory Support
- Data and Analytics
- Insurance Performance Improvement
The Senior Director, Insurance Performance Improvement will have insurance industry experience and/or a consulting background to the insurance industry, and will specialize in helping execute business strategy through implementation. If you have a passion for tackling complex, heart of the business issues, A&M will provide a challenging environment in which to apply and grow your skills. The Director will provide technical project management, business process redesign, analytical support, and strategic services in a consulting environment.
- Provide management consulting advisory services to executives in the insurance industry across business functions such as new business underwriting, policy / member administration, and claims processing
- Lead project work streams and engagements including the management of staff practitioners
- Support clients' most strategic business transformation projects including: issue analysis and business case development, process redesign, technical and functional requirements design assistance, and operational improvement
- Lead in Project management of complex projects consisting of diverse practitioners across Finance, Strategy & Operations, and Human Capital
- Coordinate with accounting, regulatory, and other professionals in delivering comprehensive solutions for clients
- Lead practice management opportunities for the IAS practice
- Extensive insurance experience (10 – 15 years) either as practitioner with a (re)insurer or consulting firm
- Experience in Reinsurance, Property & Casualty and Life & Annuities industries or Health Insurance
- Emphasis on core Insurance operations (claims / policy management / underwriting) and performance / process improvement – business process re-engineering / cost containment / benchmarking / strategy
- Deep analytical skills
- CPA or MBA preferred, but not mandatory
- Manage teams and serve as project leader
- Level own network for business opportunities
- Track market and industry trends
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
Alvarez & Marsal - 12 months ago
About Alvarez & Marsal:
Alvarez & Marsal (A&M) is a global professional services firm specializing in turnaround and interim...