The Senior Director of Marketing Communications and Sales Training is responsible for developing and executing a clearly defined marketing and communications strategy in a manner that supports consistent business growth and enhances brand equity and awareness. This position is responsible for planning, organizing, staffing, training, and managing multi-channel sales training and marketing communications/ field marketing functions to achieve the Company objectives of sales, growth, profitability, and visibility while ensuring a consistent marketing message and position consistent with the corporate direction.
Reports to the Senior Vice President, Strategic Opportunities
The candidate supervises a team of twelve in marketing communications, online marketing, field marketing, marketing analytics and training.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create, manage, coordinate and execute all acquisition strategies and implement tactical plans that meet and exceed company expectations
- Develop unique value propositions as well as call to action oriented campaigns targeted toward key customer segments that increases brand awareness and drive leads to TelePacific’s sales channels.
- Lead and manage Direct Marketing, Public Relations, Advertising, Online Marketing, Event Marketing, Creative Services and Sales Training
- Achieve targeted results and ensure timely and effective execution of marketing tactics and programs
- Analyze, evaluate, plan and execute on both existing and potential marketing activities and strategies. Develop benchmark criteria to measure the efficiency and effectiveness of marketing programs
- Measure the effectiveness of the department and implement improvements as required
- Identify, interpret, and capitalize on marketing trends
- Develop and manage the marketing budget
- Coach, mentor, and raise the team's ability to deliver and exceed expectations while creating opportunities for succession talent
- Develop and prepare key messaging and presentation material for senior management
- Research and analyze economic trends, buying habits and the firmographic characteristics of customers and their preferences for company products and those of competitors
- Work closely with Product Development, Product Marketing, Sales and other Senior Executives to create demand and recognition for the Company and its products
- Provides leadership on crisis communications, developing crisis management and response strategies for the media and others; serves on emergency response team.
- Represent communications and training in all enterprise project steering committees to ensure appropriate communications and training coverage.
- Oversee multi-channel sales and product training function.
- Recommend solutions for performance issues and potential areas of training.
- Develop a 'full package' training approach (progression by role) for all sales positions.
- Work closely with management, ensure that policies, programs and processes are developed, implemented, communicated and consistently administered in compliance with organizational objectives.
- Continuously seek and support new approaches, practices and processes to improve the efficiency of marketing and training services offered
- Contract negotiation with PR vendors and other advertising companies
- Management of TelePacific trade agreements
- Management of external vendors for TelePacific’s various newsletter publications, press releases, creative and others as required.
DESIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education and Experience:
NECESSARY KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Minimum of 15 years work experience with five or more years in progressive marketing roles at the senior management level.
- 5 plus years marketing business to business technology services.
- 3 plus years interacting with and advising senior management
- B.A. / B.S. degree or equivalent experience required, MBA preferred
- A track record of performance excellence meeting targets and objectives
- Strong analytical, planning, forecasting and budgeting/financial skills
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Possess a Marketing and customer service orientation
- Respectful and outstanding leadership skills that motivates staff to exceed expectations
- The ability to articulate a vision and strategy in a way that inspires and motivates a team and focuses their energy on achieving business goals
- The ability to manage multiple, complex priorities within demanding timeframes
- Proven ability to lead a proactive marketing organization and ensure accountability for results that maximize contribution to business objectives
- Superb aural and written communication
- Ability to work well and stay calm under pressure
- Excellent time management skills
- Must be proficient and fluent in the English language
- Demonstrated project management experience, able to lead teams in remote locations
- Demonstrated vendor management experience
- Advertising or direct marketing agency experience as well as other professional services experience is a plus.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Must be proficient and fluent in the English language
- Must have the ability to regularly communicate in a manner that is respectful, professional and collaborative
15% travel throughout the U.S. may be required for training, meetings and conferences.
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED
- Personal computer, including word-processing, database and spreadsheet programs; calculator, telephone, copy and fax machine.
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM
- D&B 360
- Savo Sales Enablement Platform
- Manticore Marketing Automation
- Citrix GoToWebinar
- Webex Meeting Center
8 The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
8 While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
8 95% of the time this role will be performed sitting at a desk, typing on keyboard and viewing a monitor. 5% of the time this role may be spent speaking in front of groups, presenting information in meetings and standing while at tradeshows.
8 The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
8 The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately quiet.
Keyword: Telecommunications Marketing
From: TelePacific Communications
TelePacific Communications is a broadband telecommunications provider delivering local, long distance voice, data and high-speed Internet...