Under administrative direction of the VP, Operations Controller, directs analysis and reporting on the financial operations of the Company’s lines of business – specifically hospital operations.
Minimum Qualifications: (Experience, Education and Special Certifications…)
- Manage Group Controllers and Operations Support Controllers.
- Supervise analysis of hospital operating results on a monthly and quarterly basis.
- Monitor routine weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports for presentation to senior management.
- Act as a liaison to HCA in companywide system issues and changes.
- Oversee analytical support and review for all the corporate departments.
- Assist in due diligence on potential acquisitions. This includes providing substantial input into the acquisition model and developing a transition plan post acquisition.
- Assist in the integration of new acquisitions in the LifePoint processes and month end close.
- Help to assure the integrity of hospital balance sheets through management of the post-closing review process and periodic balance sheet reviews.
- Provide support to the facilities and Groups in the preparation of fiscal year budgets and month end close procedures.
- Integral in the monitoring and regulation of standardized chart of accounts and statistics.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting required: advanced degree in Business Administration (MBA) or possess Certified Public Accountant certification, desirable.
- Knowledge of financial management and analysis, specifically in healthcare finance. Preferably obtained through experience as a hospital CFO or controller.
- Minimum of six years of progressive management experience in an investor-owned healthcare organization.
- Extensive computer skills required. Specifically require thorough knowledge of entire Microsoft Office suite especially Microsoft Excel and Access.
- Knowledge of Business Objects highly preferred.
- In-depth knowledge of HCA systems preferred.
- Must be self-motivated and have the ability to work within the established policies, procedures and practices prescribed by the Corporation and the immediate supervisor.
- Willing to travel approximately 15% of the time.
Requires prolonged sitting and some bending, stooping, and stretching. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator, and other office equipment. Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare, and communicate appropriate reports. Requires lifting papers or boxes up to 50 pounds occasionally. Work is performed in an office environment and involves frequent contact with staff and the public .
LifePoint Hospitals, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Operations - 6 months ago