Is this You?
Senior Director, Operations
The Senior Director, US Operations reports to the Senior Vice President, Operations and, as part of the senior management team, will have regular interaction with the President. The position is focused on developing effective processes across a broad scope of responsibility and disciplined teams with a deep understanding of their own core activities. The culture rewards results, creativity and agility. An energetic, proven, and positive leader with a grasp on the economics of energy retail will have the opportunity to make a lasting impact on a growing organization.
YouTube: Learn more about what people have to say about working with Just Energy: http:// bit.ly/TEvLKI .
Is Just Energy Group the place for you?
Just Energy Group is a leader in the energy sector offering green energy, retail and commercial energy, and home services solutions. Our brands include Amigo Energy, Commerce Energy, Hudson Energy, Hudson Energy Solar, Just Energy, Momentis, National Home Services, Tara Energy, and Terra Grain Fuels. We are expanding in US, Canada, and the UK. We value integrity, innovation, customer-centricity, responsibility, enrichment, and excellence.
Energy, Opportunity, and Growth are core to your way of being and are essential to succeed with us.
Learn about the Energy, Opportunity, and Growth of working at Just Energy: http:// bit.ly/TEyC6z
- You have the Energy to commit to going ‘above and beyond’ on everything you do, it is not the exception. You create success and deliver exceptional results. You expect that hard work is required to do great things.
- You seek Opportunity. You focus on solutions, not problems. You are naturally inquisitive and business focused. You thrive working with diverse teams, and you are deeply committed to our collective success.
- Your Growth is about what you and your team accomplish together, and is limited only by your energy and the opportunity you seek. You thrive on diversity in your work, on learning, and helping others learn as well. You effectively manage multiple tasks or projects on time, and you help your team to do the same.
Your key accountabilities:
The Senior Director, US Operations will manage policies and processes to:
- Provide responsive customer service to both end customers and sales partners
- Execute back office activities in multiple jurisdictions, including
- Contract initiation (including move-ins, switches, and renewals)
- Revenue assurance (billing, remittance processing & collections)
- Transaction management and communication with utilities
- Identify and respond to customer defaults and/or service cancellations
- Ensure performance by third party vendors, and achieve cost targets
- Maintain customer records to facilitate efficient service and accurate reporting, including reporting to feed public financial statements
- Maintain corporate knowledge and train staff regarding the operational procedures and risk mitigating controls for each process and market
- Forecast revenue in support of cash flow analysis and product-level profitability analysis, and compare with actual billed revenue
- Maintain and test business continuity plans
On an ongoing basis the Senior Director, US Operations will:
- Monitor key performance indicators and adjust the focus of improvement efforts
- Recommend and lead the implementation of process and system improvements to deliver enhanced business results
- Create a staff development plan focused on delivering customer value
- Define the path to delivering increased customer value
- Develop, with the Analytics team, data-based insights into customer behavior
- Participate in business expansion and development efforts to ensure the Operations function scales with the rest of the organization
Your background includes:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in an energy retail management position
- Working knowledge of operational protocols for deregulated electric markets in at least 3 US states
- Minimum 2 years’ experience overseeing revenue assurance functions including billing and collections
- Demonstrated excellence in disciplined execution, delivering expected results on time and on budget
- Results-oriented with the ability to quantify performance, express the business case for change, and effectively lead people through the change.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to deliver clear and concise messages (both written and oral).
- Basic understanding of Microsoft Excel and relational databases.
Desirable Skills & Experience:
- Professional designation such as CPA, P.Eng., MBA
- Experience in management or operational consulting
- Experience evaluating, selecting, and managing third party vendors
- Experience implementing staff development plans
- Experience handling process, people, and technology integration through a merger
- Formal or self-directed training in coaching for performance
Follow us on:
Facebook LinkedIn Twitter YouTube
Just Energy - 14 months ago
Just Energy seeks a more just outcome for its customers, when it comes to energy prices. The natural gas and electricity marketer...