Senior Director, Product Management
The Senior Director, Product Management is responsible for gathering business requirements from a variety of sources, such as clients, client managers, analysts and developers and prioritizes these requirements as part of the overall product roadmap for our online reporting portal and market driven analytical solutions. The product manager is the liaison between our clients, project teams and developers. A successful product manager communicates the value proposition of our products to the sales team and develops the sales tools that support the selling process while contributing to the planning of the launch of new products, features and releases, and manages the cross-functional implementation of the plan.
Key areas of responsibility include product strategy, requirements gathering, program management, strategy execution and product launch management working collaboratively across our business and markets served.
NOTE: There is only 1 Senior Director, Product Manager position, and it can be located in either our Livonia, MI or Portland, OR office.
- Conduct customer, market, and competitive analysis to identify industry trends and unmet user needs.
- Drive the development of business cases to support product investment across multiple product solutions and present them to executives. This would include the development of Business Requirements Documents, Financial Assessments, Viability Assessments, etc.
- Stay up to date on the latest technology and market trends and industry articles.
- Work with the quality team on creating User Acceptance Test (UAT) procedures
- Manage product development through the entire Market Strategies Lifecycle from pre-beta through post-RTC (release to client) milestones and planning procedures.
- Develop and manage the program management capacity on project scope, definition, and planning through delivery of assigned product and related product releases.
- Act as product line evangelist and support client-facing teams in client engagement and retention activities. Support client managers as needed for client requirement vetting and feedback gathering on new and existing products.
- Participate in revenue planning and pricing/business model decisions for new and existing products and features at a strategic level within the organization as well as at the project level.
- Work directly with the Lead Engineer using SDLC processes utilizing Agile Scrum methodology to define future release content and schedules.
- Own the strategy, design, business requirements, feature and functionality tradeoffs and release schedule for defined product solutions.
- Gather internal and external client feedback as well as industry trends to develop and manage the product road map for our product portfolio.
- Identify “build vs. buy” opportunities for products and leverage the business development organization as needed.
- Work with cross-functional resources to ensure on-time, in-scope release schedules.
- Monitor current products to ensure that quality and consistency are maintained.
- Act as the product expert for our delivery platform and conduct onsite and electronic training/demo sessions.
- Collaborate with our Corporate Marketing team to determine the most effective ways to communicate with the organization and marketplace about our products.
- Responsible for the content representing the various products within all Marketing materials.
- Responsible for the successful adoption of new features or products as the platform matures.
Interpersonal / Leadership Skills
- Must have a bachelor degree in a related field. Master’s degree preferred. Some combination of education and experience will be considered for those without a completed degree
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in a data information-related industry, such as market research.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience as a software product manager.
- Must understand marketing applications, communications and client uses of market research or business analytics
- Must be proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint). Proficiency in data analysis packages (e.g. SPSS, SAS) preferred.
- Must have exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong self-starter that enjoys working in a fast-paced software development environment.
- Ability to bring new products to market in emerging competitive environment.
- Ability to define strategic roadmap, to translate business problems into product requirements, and to launch products to customers.
- Able to build and manage strong relationships with internal and external clients throughout all levels of the organization.
- Perceptive in understanding people and situations correctly.
- Shows maturity, self-confidence, adaptability and flexibility in reaching desired objectives.
- Uses effective planning skills, both short and long term.
- Demonstrates financial acumen to develop budgets and manage expenses
- Ability to effectively manage changing priorities.
Market Strategies International, Inc. - 12 months ago