Title Senior Director, Sales and Marketing Airline and Network Services Job # 15328BR Job Function Sales/Marketing City Annapolis State Maryland Country United States FT/PT Full Time Qty 1 Job Description At Rockwell Collins ARINC, it’s our people who make the difference and are the backbone of our technologies. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins ARINC as the cornerstone of their careers, helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. Join Rockwell Collins ARINC and help shape our future while creating yours.
Rockwell Collins ARINC is a global industry leader, depended on by the aviation industry around the world. We deliver flexible, highly-reliable, cost-effective solutions, to evolve and adapt technology that optimizes and expands customer capabilities.
Rockwell Collins ARINC is seeking an experienced leader to join our Airline and Network Services division in Annapolis, MD. This role reports to the Vice President of Airline and Network Services. Duties will include but are not limited to the following:
o Be open and transparent, communicative and collaborative.
- Leading the sales and marketing team, which is primarily located in Annapolis, MD. Customers are based in the Americas. Managed IT customers are located around the world.
- Delivering on sales goals for the entire business unit. This includes pursuit of new customers, renewals and add-ons.
- Assisting and working closely with the businesses on contract renewal and add-on projects.
- Being accountable to achieve near and long-term sales and financial objectives.
- Developing new business opportunities with existing and new customers.
- Leading, coaching and measuring his/her direct reports:
o Ensure a sense of ownership and urgency within the organization.
o Set objectives and measure achievement regularly.
Think beyond year one for a moment. We believe having a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity. At Rockwell Collins ARINC, we encourage career development and seek ways to provide you with opportunities for growth and variety in your work. And that’s just for starters. Day one kicks off with a competitive benefit package of plans that include medical, dental, vision, and more. In addition, we have a generous 401(k) plan that matches dollar for dollar up to 6%, a Roth 401(k) option, educational assistance, and flexible work schedules. Interested yet? If so, apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure! Qualifications Required Experience:
- Creating new opportunities based on an in-depth understanding of market potential, specific customer requirements and company capabilities.
- Collaborating with the business units to develop opportunities through strategic and tactical marketing efforts.
- Assisting and supporting the business unit with preparing capture plans and acting as capture team leader.
- Managing and directing resources required to secure new business.
- Maintaining relationships with target customer representatives during the pursuit period and throughout the on-going contract operational period.
- Building and maintain an engaging and professional business relation with all business partners and customers.
- Generating sales revenue in line with the organization financial objectives and goals.
- Ensuring that sales pipeline remains full with projects and qualified business opportunities; this includes ensuring SalesForce.com is kept current and accurate.
- Manage and coordinate Rockwell Collins participation at industry trade shows and functions.
- Twenty or more years of sales, marketing, or related industry experience.
- Fifteen or more years of experience in the Aviation industry, specifically commercial air transport and aircraft communications, and airport operations.
- Possess experience leading sales/marketing teams of approximately 20 people.
- Possess experience with services-based sales solutions.
- Familiarity with managed IT services offerings.
- Ability to work collaboratively with line organizations in establishing goals, objectives, and communicating progress.
- Proven ability in representing a company to potential customers, suppliers and other stakeholders.
- Possess experience with change management. This is a new organization that is being formed with teams who are currently in multiple departments.
- Possess a clear understanding of key performance indicators, such as financial, technical, and quality.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Possess experience in writing proposals and winning business via competitive tenders/request for proposals.
- Ability to develop new business opportunities from existing customer relationships.
- Possess enthusiasm and passion, with the proven track record to seek and identify opportunities within a given market and close sales.
- Possess experience with SalesForce.com.
- This position requires extensive travel (approx. 50%).
- Ability to quickly grasp the technology and product concepts to translate their value to customers.
- Ability to be proactive and demonstrate initiative.
- Ability to quickly adapt to a changing business environment and priorities. Must be skilled at complex problem solving and conflict resolution.
- Experience in the North American air transport industry is a plus.
- Typically requires a BA/BS degree or equivalent. MBA desirable. Amount of Travel Required for Position 50-75 EOE Statement Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.