Overseeing the consolidation, organization and reporting of all relevant industry ticketing data.
- Create a process which would include regular consultation with Club ticketing and data personnel, MLB Finance, MLBAM and MLB’s ticketing partners.
- Create a centralized system of analytics and reporting which would encompass data provided by all of the above constituents and a process whereby such data would be analyzed and regularly reported to the industry.
- Work with MLBAM and MLB IT staff on the creation of any additional tools and software necessary to report and analyze consolidated industry ticketing data, and direct all ticketing analytics needs as outlined by the Ticketing Review Committee.
- Exist as the point person for the oversight of special projects commissioned by the industry relative to ticketing analytics. In the immediate term, this would include managing the creation of ticketing simulation models for MLB Clubs and the creation of the necessary reporting tools.
- Handle all ad hoc analytical requests from the Clubs or other industry constituents.
- Oversee the work of the Ticketing Analyst and Jr. Ticketing Analyst.
- Perform related duties as required.
- Quantitatively-minded MBA candidates with an undergraduate degree in statistics, modeling, applied mathematics, or related disciplines. Minimum of 5 to 7 years relevant analytical experience.
- Strong understanding of the dynamics and principles of ticketing, pricing, and related industry practices strongly preferred
- Familiarity with the design and application of business and analytical models preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to exercise sound decision-making skills
- Ability to multi-task and meet strict deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Professional demeanor, organized and detail oriented
- Demonstrated baseball acumen
- Demonstrated knowledge of and interest in the landscape of sports marketing
Major League Baseball - 2 years ago