Education Pioneers seeks a highly-organized, collaborative, and talented leader to oversee the planning and implementation of our programmatic work in California and the Western Region. This role focuses on managing a team to execute strategies which directly align to and support our long-term outcomes of “increasing top talent in education” and “preparing leaders to lead.” The Senior Director will supervise a team that will identify and maximize partnership opportunities with key education organizations, recruit and select Fellows that will meet the talent needs of these partners, facilitate a powerful and transformational experience for Fellowship participants, and build a strong and effective network of education leaders. This role will be based in either Los Angeles, CA or the Bay Area, CA.
The Senior Director will report to the Executive Director of the Western Region and will supervise and support 5-6 team members to achieve an ambitious set of regional goals that support Education Pioneers strategic priorities.
Build a highly collaborative and results oriented team culture
• Track team and individual progress on key milestones and support team members to plan and execute in their key focus area;
• Foster collaborative relationships across focus areas and balance staff capacity through cyclical changes in activities;
• Actively support the professional growth of the team and identify creative approaches for team members to grow professionally;
• Set structures for highly effective team communication;
• Establish strong working relationships between Western Region team members and individuals in national departments.
Track progress and demonstrate team success through effective performance management
• Utilize a http://Salesforce.com " Salesforce.com platform to assure transparent and useful information related to progress on key pipelines for partnerships, recruitment and job transitions;
• Identify challenges and produce solutions to assure achievement of ambitious growth and quality goals;
Build long-term talent partnerships with key education organizations
• Build long term relationships with school operators, nonprofits and other education organizations to integrate EP as a part of their long term human capital strategy;
• Oversee the matching of talent from Fellowships, Alumni talent pool and other sources into key roles at Partner Organizations;
• Understand the performance and growth challenges of Partners and align EP offerings to meet their needs;
• Provide insight to Partners around staffing strategic roles, identify opportunities for effective collaboration within their organization and across the sector
Support our national strategy to recruit, select, and place a diverse group of talented graduate students into the Graduate School Fellowship and Analyst Fellowship Programs
• Recruit and select a diverse group of talented candidates into Education Pioneers’ Fellowship programs;
• Conduct in-depth interviews with applicants to assess their candidacy;
• Work closely with the California team to make final decisions regarding admissions into the Graduate School Fellowship and Analyst Fellowship.
Induct Fellows into a network of impactful education leaders
• Adapt national program resources to address local context and incorporate local issues and execute best-in-class professional development workshops;
• Supervise the Western Region team to coach Fellows assuring high -impact Fellowship projects, building critical leadership competencies, and supporting and guide long-term career planning;
• Collaborate across the Education Pioneers team in implementing meaningful and relevant engagement opportunities for Education Pioneers Alumni;
• Engage the Education Pioneers network to create additional opportunities to increase the impact of our work on the education sector.
Experience and Qualifications
• Graduate degree strongly preferred.
• Five or more years of relevant professional experience including managing multiple direct reports
• Superb communication and relationship management abilities
• Working knowledge of the current K-12 education landscape required, significant education experience in California preferred
• Demonstrated commitment to diversity and ability to foster an inclusive professional culture
• Experience successfully managing a sales pipeline, recruitment initiative, or other measurable campaign
• Comfort presenting to large groups, and strong ability to effectively facilitate meetings and seminars
• Ability to work in and across several communication platforms (online alumni community, LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter) and internal systems (Salesforce, Google Docs and Intranet)
• Willingness to travel frequently within California
• Education Pioneers Alumni are encouraged to apply
• A strong commitment to Education Pioneers’ mission and core values of courage, optimism, collaboration, and action
• Independent, highly organized, and detail-oriented self-starter
• Energetic, hard-working, and enthusiastic team player
• Flexible, resourceful, and persistent change agent
• Creative, imaginative, and innovative problem solver
• Principled leader with high ethical standards
Education Pioneers believes it is critical for leaders in urban education to reflect the urban communities they serve. We actively recruit people of color to join our team. We support equal opportunity for all people and we strongly encourage people of color to apply for positions in our organization.
Duties and responsibilities may change. All Education Pioneers employees are encouraged to be flexible and responsive to changes in scope of duties.
Education Pioneers - 12 months ago