Senior Director, ACO Development & Integration (Job Number: 011542) |
At Walgreens, we help people get, stay and live well. That’s our core purpose and the difference we make in people’s lives every day. Our purpose has shaped the direction of our company since Charles R. Walgreen Sr. founded his first drugstore in 1901, and it still does today.
Our team members make that purpose come to life in our more than 8,000 stores in all 50 states, the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico, in our call centers, distribution centers, clinics, specialty pharmacies, infusion and respiratory service locations and corporate offices. In fact, those daily demonstrations of our purpose have helped Walgreens become an industry leader and a household name.
Walgreens has something for everyone who wants to build a successful career. Here, you’ll find supportive co-workers, an innovative environment and the tools you need to expand your skills, help build healthy communities and advance your career.
Responsible for ACO product strategy, development and ongoing improvement of products and services to meet the needs of existing and prospective customers. Drive creation and retention of profitable partnerships with ACO’s, hospital systems, physicians’ groups, Medicare/Medicaid and other partner organizations.
- Oversee network development efforts for existing and emerging ACOs.
- Leads and oversees network development to support existing and emerging ACOs.
- Operates the ACO business in terms of building the team along with ensuring compliance, performance, and financial results (profitability/ROI) are achieved.
- Determines all required business capabilities and infrastructure needs and leads the team in the development and analysis of buy/build partner pathways.
- Evaluates acquisition targets for total population health management, risk management, data warehousing and analytics. Partners with M&A team to evaluate joint venture and acquisition candidates.
- Develops process to identify and qualify prospective ACO customers. Accountable for the development of a customer-qualifying process to identify potential ACO customers.
- Identifies target partners for which alignment with the organization would generate optimal patient care while concurrently driving symmetrical or asymmetrical shared savings based upon the ACO’s accountability to patients and the third-party payer for the quality, appropriateness, and efficiency of the health care provided.
- Creates business cases and business requirements for ACO development. Works closely with Walgreens clinical leadership to identify the current clinical quality and process metrics and peer reviewed evidence-based interventions to include in any new care delivery models.
- Develop and implement solutions for network contracting and risk management for gain share and risk share models.
- Partners with other senior executives to develop and implement contracting strategies that advance the vision of Walgreens.
- Negotiate and execute business arrangements to build and manage or enable ACOs and other risk-bearing entities. Lead negotiator to structure profitable AC relationships coordinating legal and finance resources.
- Develops and deploys the ACO market strategy based on evaluation of the current and emerging landscape for services and capabilities. Aligns current products (or develops new) to be effective and attractive on an ongoing basis.
- Accountable for the design, development and maintenance of new models of care for Walgreens which leverage opportunities made available under the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act. This includes cultivating potential pilot partners and structuring formal arrangements for partnerships, as well as working closely with CMS.
- Finalize ACO product development, develop business prospect strategy and identify and contract with ACOs and other risk-bearing entities in order to achieve profitable growth.
- Identifies effective business models for Walgreens’s to achieve the goals of improving the experience of care, improving health of the population and reducing per capita cost of healthcare.
- Designs gain-sharing model and interfaces with public and private payer/employer/provider partners to sell WAG’s ACO capabilities and to cement contracts.
- Collaborates with business development teams to ensure appropriate ACO alignment opportunities, where appropriate, are leveraged to create competitive advantage.
- Proactively develops strategies aimed at both optimizing model economic and quality performance and marketplace conditioning and adoption of these models.
- Responsible for the development and deployment of ACO agreements. Establishes and utilizes key internal partnerships in Communications, Legal, IT.
- Influences the enterprise to align deliverables and solutions that are consistent with the ACO model and commitments.
- Presents internally and externally to stakeholders to drive adoption of new care delivery models. Helps Walgreens provider groups innovate towards higher quality, integrated care delivery while quickly establishing credibility and inspiring trust.
- Maintains regulatory, market, and competitive environment to ensure market leadership position.
- Directs the development of the fiscal budget and monitors to assure budgeted objectives and ROI objectives are met.
- Builds and directs a department by providing strategy and related goals, ensuring overall customer satisfaction and appropriate levels of service delivery.
- Develops and mentors staff through on-boarding, open communication, training and development opportunities and performance management processes; builds and maintains employee morale and motivation; ensures the team is appropriately staffed with required competencies; fosters a diverse and inclusive workplace.
Basic Qualifications & Interests
- Bachelor’s Degree and at least 10 years of experience leading healthcare sales/marketing, healthcare programs healthcare operations, or physician networks
- At least 5 years of experience in product management (conception, development, and integration to on-going management and operational delivery)
- Experience developing product/service strategies and establishing the value proposition of products, services, business lines, and/or ventures
- Experience applying knowledge of CMS rules and regulations (specifically pertaining to Medicare Advantage, alternative payment, HEDIS and CAHPS compliance)
- Experience working on federal and/or state government pilot programs, acquisition or retention of patients, and implementation of new or revised models of care
- Experience developing and managing products using knowledge of healthcare marketplace and the payer/provider billing relationship
- Experience developing and delivering presentations intended to influence and change behavior to various audience levels (internal and external) to an organization
- Experience negotiating with outside vendors, including negotiating contracts, prices, resolving service issues and reconciling differences
- At least 5 years of experience planning, developing, and managing departmental expense and capital budgets
- At least 5 years of experience directly managing people, including hiring, developing, motivating, and directing people as they work
- Willing to travel up to 75% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state)
Preferred Qualifications & Interests
- Master’s Degree / MBA
- Experience with the legal and regulatory requirements within the healthcare sector including contract/service structure and pricing
At Walgreens, we help people get, stay and live well. That is our core purpose and the difference we make in people's lives every day. Our...