"Why Choose Penn Medicine?
As a professional, you are seeking to join one of the nation's leading academic medical centers, servicing patients from all over the world. Penn Medicine has been awarded several national healthcare quality awards and we seek employees who are engaged and excited by our mission of continued service excellence and on-going professional development.
We believe that your life will be enriched should you become a Penn Medicine employee and we thank you for your interest in our organization."
The Cancer Center IS Director is responsible for overseeing the research information systems aspects of the Abramson Cancer Center (ACC). This includes desktop and server/storage infrastructure support, database development, third party application support, data integration/interoperability, security/privacy and compliance with applicable regulations. The Director will also manage/oversee the people that provide day-to-day support. The Cancer Center IS Director will be responsible for bioinformatics development and managing complex information systems projects spanning the ACC, the health system and other research groups on campus such as ITMAT, SOMIS, PGFI, PCBI, and CRCU. The Cancer Center IS Director will direct all aspects of the ACC components of the BMIC, DAG and BDCC. The Cancer Center IS Director will serve as the liaison between the Cancer Center, Corporate IS (through the Associate CIO of Health Technology and Research Computing) and Research and Patient Care computing (through participation in selected governance committees).
Minimum Degree Requirements and Experience Required:
- Bachelors Degree Required
- Advanced Degree Preferred
- Knowledge of how health and research information systems are handled, e.g. experience in issues pertaining to the protection of human data and quality control of such data and issues of data security (including familiarity with regulations, e.g. HIPAA, and certification, FISMA)
- Experience with database development
- Experience in the development of institutional infrastructure for bioinformatics services, and linking bioinformatics to the clinical systems with a focus on data intensive analysis (genetic, sequencing, profiling etc.) serving basic, clinical and translational studies.
- 15 years of progressive management experience in a complex healthcare provider or healthcare research environment required
- Demonstrated success in project management
- Strong leadership, problem solving, and management skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- In-depth understanding of client/server technology environment and ability to design and architect solutions
- Ability to work cohesively with senior level Penn Medicine executives in order to communicate and translate technical jargon into understandable and actionable activities.
"At Penn Medicine, you will enjoy the camaraderie and support that you'll experience at our prestigious institution, as well as a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest pre-paid tuition assistance programs in the region.
Your Life is Worth Penn Medicine
University of Pennsylvania Health System - 2 years ago
The University of Pennsylvania was founded by Benjamin Franklin when he had a little down time between establishing a country and...