As part of the Energy and Metals team, the Senior Director, Energy & Metals Options, is responsible for expanding the CME Group & NYMEX customer base and increasing revenues and volumes from new and existing customers within the Options trading product user segment. He/She will also play a lead role in the development and launch of new product markets and associated business opportunities. The position requires a keen understanding of NYMEX’s products both in the derivative and in the cash/physical market(s) with particular emphasis on Options. This position will identify and prioritize key players and top targets and corresponding opportunities for growth in line with broader CMEG product growth objectives, and develop strategies and tactics to capitalize on the growth opportunities.
- Direct and influence teams cross-functionally as part of executing on Energy and Metals BLM department strategies.
- Offer in-depth knowledge of specific NYMEX Energy and/or Metals products to the targeted customer segments. Generate new customer business in all Energy & Metals products, with particular concentration on Options products.
- Educate existing and prospective customers about the benefits and opportunities NYMEX products provide to risk managers and traders, with ability to compare/contrast to competitor products.
- Act as liaison to key industry trade groups and customers. Maintain good relationships with various sales and distribution sales, Energy/Metals based futures/options brokerage companies, and vendors in their international region.
- Develop and manage execution of detailed business plans, ensuring that all financial goals are met or exceeded.
- Evaluate, analyze, and utilize all available/applicable information to improve/optimize strategic decision making.
- Partner with product development teams to develop, launch and build markets for new and innovative energy products.
- Provide leadership, guidance and development plans for direct reports.
- Apply comprehensive understanding of industry issues to advise on the future direction of a critical discipline at CME Group.
- Direct team members, project teams, and peer departments’ activities in regards to internal projects, and be accountable for associated work product(s).
- Lead and Manage with conviction and integrity, modeling professionalism, dedication, fairness and respect in the workplace.
- Minimum of 10+ years of experience in Options markets with exposure to OTC, and volatility products. In addition,energy product knowledge and/or metals experience strongly desired.
- Deep knowledge of options theory, valuations, and “greeks”. Prefer candidate to have actively traded options professionally, so he/she can optimally relate with and establish credibility with customers.
- Extensive experience working with clients to facilitate their understanding of the application of CMEG’s products to their trading, investment and risk management needs.
- A thorough understanding of NYMEX products is needed, particularly in the Options markets. Knowledge of competitor products strongly preferred.
- Bachelors Degree with advanced degree preferred.
- Proven leadership experience
Personal and Professional Competencies:
- Must have strong team work, interpersonal and communication skills.
As the world’s leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace, CME Group ( www.cmegroup.com ) is where the world comes to manage risk. Based in Chicago, with offices in New York, London, Singapore, Calgary, Houston, São Paulo, Singapore, Tokyo and Washington D.C., our team of more than 2,500 employees has an impact on the global economy every day. We offer:
- Business Acumen- It is critical that this person has considerable knowledge in Commodity futures and options products, electronic trading technology and sales experience and knowledge. The selected candidate must be adept in problem solving and have a keen awareness of the ever changing marketplace.
- Leadership and Judgment Skills- This person must have the ability to influence and inspire colleagues through his or her vision and convert this "buy in" into value adding changes to existing products and improved client service. They must be able to work with other senior leaders throughout the organization.
- Strategy Sales and Marketing Skills- The successful candidate will have demonstrated the ability to identify consumer needs and use consumer knowledge to evolve services, products, and create effective sales strategies. Must identify competitors' intent before they take action.
- Building Teams- The successful candidate must be able to select, develop and motivate groups of people to work together in a committed way in order to achieve a common mission or goal
- Managing Performance- Must show a demonstrated ability to translate business goals into performance objectives and hold one's self and others, as appropriate, responsible for results
- Excellent Analytical Acumen- Will have demonstrated the ability to assess disparate data streams and distill them into meaningful and ultimately actionable strategic recommendations. This encompasses performance standards, budgeting and staffing analysis.
The widest range of global benchmark futures and options available across all major asset classes;
The most advanced trading technology;
Industry-leading clearing and risk management capabilities;
A relentless customer focus, serving leading investment and commercial banks, hedge funds, proprietary trading firms, pension funds, sovereign wealth funds, asset managers, corporations and individual traders; and,
A great place to work.
With this strong foundation in place, we are looking to continue growing our business in both listed and over-the-counter markets. To support this growth, we are seeking highly motivated individuals to help foster our corporate culture and uphold our core values of leading with conviction and integrity, advancing the global economy, building lasting relationships and acting with ingenuity every day.
We hope you will consider joining our world-class team.